Please Review My Build List

Dan.Rasch

I am new to cycling and have spent this past week researching. Below is the build list I've created. My questions:

1) Is everything compatible?
2) Are there things I need that aren't on the list?
3) Do you have suggestions for better options?

The bottom rows with question marks are where I haven't finished researching yet.
26675ccffb.jpg

timt

I pulled up the parts list I'm working up. Added a few items

I'm going through the same exercise, obsessing about every item on the list while i wait for my credit card to tick over to the next billing period....

flat pedals for the first few days (maybe from the old parts bin)
rear blinky light
cyclocomputer
maybe a longer cable and housing for the rear brake?
Does the groupset include the cassette you want?

Dan.Rasch

noahvale,
Thank you for the

noahvale,
Thank you for the information. Do you carry a bag on your bike? If so, what do you use?

timt,
Thank you for checking. I picked the groupset in large part due to the cassette. I want a 10-speed 11/32 cassette and it looks like between Shimano and SRAM, SRAM is the only one who offers it.

Have you seen the ?http://reconinstruments.com/products/jet/ ? It is a HUD cyclocomputer. *drool*

What does your build list look like?

Drew

The list looks complete to

The list looks complete to me. I started with one spy mirror and found two worked better. I installed the Brainbox on my 2.0 and it works great but I did add some internal frame to keep it aligned right/left.

Hope your build goes well.

Drew

WiFlii

I forgot to mention i'm a big fan of SRAM WiFli. Make sure you check it out

Eric Winn

Zen MBB Master
The Bachetta Brain Box fits

The Bachetta Brain Box fits quite well on the Silvio 2.0 and will also fit on the Vendetta 2.0 (which is a bit harder) as long as you are careful how you mount it.

See Buddy's (BBL) post here for details: ?http://cruzbike.com/di2-silvio-2#comment-22676

Buddy's photos from the above post:

BBL%20Di2-14.jpg

BBL%20Di2-15.jpg

Another Silvio 2.0 with a Bachetta Brain Box here: http://cruzbike.com/loaded-silvio-2.0#comment-22920

Photos from above link:

IMG_1337.JPG

IMG_1338.JPG

Here is my Vendetta with my Brain Box attached directly to the headrest. Wheel clearance is very tight but the Vendetta doesn't have to contend with rear suspension movement so if the Brain Box is very secure it does not hit the wheel.

And here is my post on a custom mount that holds the Brain Box without covering up the headrest cushion and squishing it down:

http://cruzbike.com/custom-mount-bracket-bachetta-brain-box-bag

My heavy rack:

John Tolhurst's more lightweight frame than the one I built: http://cruzbike.com/loaded-silvio-2.0#comment-22925

I'm building a new one similar to John's to just carry my water and moving tool and other storage into the triangle under the seat.

John's photo:

20130820_163557.jpg

-Eric

Dan.Rasch

Drew,
"I forgot to mention

Drew,
"I forgot to mention i'm a big fan of SRAM WiFli. Make sure you check it out."
The SRAM WiFLi appeals to me as well. I am thinking of combining the 50/34 crank with the 11/32 cassette.

Jeremy S

Dude
The SRAM WiFLi appeals to me

The SRAM WiFLi appeals to me as well. I am thinking of combining the 50/34 crank with the 11/32 cassette.

That's the combo I have, works pretty well. With no chainstay extension at least, I cannot tune the bike to shift the the small chainring/smallest cog combo (cross chaining) without some rubbing on the FD cage, but why would I want to do that anyway?

iow

i'm not sure of the internal

i'm not sure of the internal width of the aero 67's, but i think a 24mm rim tape is going to be too wide.
when you buy the groupset, make sure you spec' the english thread bb and braze-on front mech'.
all the parts will be compatible, and assuming you are happy with the spec', i don't think will do any better for the price.
wider tyres (28c) run at lower pressures will give you more comfort whilst reducing front wheel spin when climbing or sprinting.

Ivan

Guru
Don't get the Zefal Spring

Don't get the Zefal Spring water bottles. They are a tad too loose, and if you plan on ever mounting the bottles behind the seat back they are WAY TOO LOOSE. Go for similarly priced Lezyne Flow bottle cages. I switched over after reading someone else's recommendation. Very good!

BentBierz

I had a short email

I had a short email conversation before the holidays with the folks at Radical Design. Due to popular demand, they evidently are considering designing some Cruzbike specific bags so I will probably hold off a bit longer before deciding what to purchase for my Silvio.

Eric Winn

Zen MBB Master
Larry, I am toying with

Larry, I am toying with building my own bag for the rear triangle space for carrying light weight essentials for self support during ultras/racing but I still want some Radical bags at some point too for randos or similar.

-Eric

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Ooooohh

Radical bags would be cool. Add me to the list of people that will hold off now. If you hear any updates let us know.

timt

My parts list differs a little,

Dan.R - since you asked...

I prefer a triple with a narrower span on the cassette. Philosophy flogged here --> http://www.cruzbike.com/74mm-bcd-inner-ring-silvio-2.0#comment-24056
Beyond that, I've spent a bit of time on accessories.

Frame- Silvio 2 including bars
Groupset Shimano ultegra 6703 (triple with 92 BCD to fit over the BB clamps). I will order it with 11-28. I may get a 12-27 cassette and put the 11-28 on another bike.
Wheels- 90% likely to go with the Aero 67's.
rim tape- cloth tape. will buy after I have wheels in hand and figure out what I need.
Tubes- butyl, whatever the shop has available when I'm ordering other parts.
Tires- gatorskins or gator hardshell 25mm
Pedals- shimano PD-M540, I may try PD-M530's. I have an old set of flat pedals for the first few days.
Cables/housings will probably be fine. But I had to get super-long cables for my LWB bike.

mirror- 2x zefal spy.
Computer- Cheap and wired with speed, distance, time. cateye velo7 or equivalent. My phone tracks the rest.
Rear blinky light-Blackburn Mars 3.0 is working for me now.
Front blinker may be necessary for morning commutes.
Bottle cages- None. I use a water bladder. My Bachetta OFA bag should work until I rig something like a fastback to hold the bladder. The showers pass veleau is a possibility too.
Other luggage- I may try a Radical Design Banana Racer pannier set. (or if they make a cruzbike specific...) I want to commute a few times a week in warmer weather, and have to figure out how to carry my stuff.
Tools/spares- I'll need another pump and a set of levers. I may give CO2 a try.

Jeremy S

Dude
Don't get the Zefal Spring

Don't get the Zefal Spring water bottles. They are a tad too loose, and if you plan on ever mounting the bottles behind the seat back they are WAY TOO LOOSE. Go for similarly priced Lezyne Flow bottle cages. I switched over after reading someone else's recommendation. Very good!
Seconding the Lezyne recommendation, I too switched from Zefal after losing a bottle.

I had a short email conversation before the holidays with the folks at Radical Design. Due to popular demand, they evidently are considering designing some Cruzbike specific bags so I will probably hold off a bit longer before deciding what to purchase for my Silvio.
Exciting, I would certainly be interested in a bag designed for my Silvio 2.0.

noahvale

Dan, I used the Brain Box

Dan, I used the Brain Box briefly on my POC seat: ?http://www.cruzbike.com/silvio-2.0-modified-seat
I have never liked that bag. I went back to my Fastback Double Century bags under the POC seat. I don't have pictures on the Silvio, but the pic below is them on my B. I keep pump, tubes, tools, etc. on the left with plenty of room for other stuff and a 70 oz. Camelback on the right. It's so easy to grab the tube and drink that way. Down here in the deep south we need lots of water..

corsa.jpg

Dan.Rasch

Wow, this is a great

Wow, this is a great community! Thank you all for the information. I will review and might have more questions later.