Popped my cherry

Bender

Today I took my first real ride on my S30. Up until now I had just been practicing in a local church parking lot. I must say that when I first got the Silvio and tried to ride, I thought what the hell have I gotten myself into. The bike felt awkward and scary. I kept reading the forum and seeing how so many poster were raving about the ride and all I could think was what am I not doing that they are. I kept reading and practicing. Finally the other day I read what I think changed the whole experience for me. Someone said to just stop thinking and let the bike tell you what it needs from you and your body will adjust. Wow, talk about a Zen moment. So today I decided to put on my Big Boy Shorts and headed out to my local bike path. I was a little apprehensive at first being in traffic and all, but I soon adjusted. I only went about 5 miles, but that included some nice small hills. I must say, the Cruz felt even better going uphill. What also surprised me was that I wasn't a nervous wreck when I got home, which often happening when I was just practicing in the parking lot. I'm really looking forward to more riding now. I see what you guys have been saying. A big thumbs up to all the positive posters.

BentAero

My first ride was mega-church

My first ride was mega-church parking lot as well. I put in 10 miles in that lot, the first few being downright scary. Now, it's as easy as riding a bike.

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
Great post bender. But, if

Great post Bender. But, if you've been reading the forum then you know we need a photo. Right Charles?

Yeah my first 30 seconds was the same as yours. Letting the bike do it's thing and go with it, and try and relax is key. You simply have to develop the reflex, and get your arms relaxed a bit. With each ride you will gain. Good luck.