Portland Cruzbike retreat

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
The details are over here.

http://cruzbike.com/come-ride-events?mc_cid=03636719e6&mc_eid=56bc681e79#!/

I don't know what spots remain. But as of about 10 minutes ago; PluckyBlond and I are planning to be there for the whole thing. Larry you can stop picking on me for not showing up to events now, it's official we shall venture out of the state and we be bringing bikes. The thought of flying and not bringing the v20's was more than I could bare. Rick this is officially your challenge to drive on up at least for a day.

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
Larry you can stop picking on me for not showing up to events now, it's official we shall venture out of the state and we be bringing bikes.
OK Ratz - I guess if you go to anything - you'd better go to this!
I guess I must have been sleeping when this was first posted - sure would love to come myself.
Of course it just happens to be the exact weekend that the (HPRA) Northbrook and Kenosha veledrome races are being held, and when I might try and set an outdoor Century track record on one of them.
Only so many weeks in the year!
What luck.

Maybe Jim and Maria will have one of these retreats on this side of the country too if the Portland one goes well.
Everyone have fun - :)

Tuloose

Guru
Me & the DW will be there.
She is not a Cruzbiker, she rides an old Bacchetta Giro, but just possibly she will try a few out at the Retreat and get Cruzbike fever.

Reactions: Suz

SamP

Guru
Wouldn't it make sense to have a link to this event on the front page of the CruzBike web site?

LarryOz

Surprise:
I have cancelled my Velodrome racing at Northbrook, IL which is the same weekend and have signed up to come to this Portland Cruzbike retreat!
Just got finally clearance from my job, and my wife (Gayle), and got my flight tickets.
Double bonus - I'll get to go and visit my Grandmother who lives 2 hours south in Eugene Sunday after the Cruzbike retreat is over. She turned 102 in May! :D
Then I get to take the red-eye back home: Leave Portland at 10:30pm, arrive at Asheville, NC Monday 9:53am, and go straight to work of course! :eek:
Looking forward to seeing everyone there! Does anyone know the complete list?

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
I have cancelled my Velodrome racing at Northbrook, IL which is the same weekend and have signed up to come to this Portland Cruzbike retreat!

crap I better start tapering now. We can bring a quest for you to ride so the rest of us on V20's can keep up.

Suz

I'm going, after much deliberation about cancelling, I have decided to brave the hills of Portland simply to meet you crazies.
I haven't ridden my Silvio this season (gasp)! I'll leave the excuses home, and take the short, hopefully flatter routes next week.

Some of you may recall I just rode there last year and the Mountains kicked my butt with training. So ya, looking forward to visiting and school and riding with any new slower riders.

Can't wait to meet you all in person. I'll be the one apologizing to my Silvio for lack of use.

LarryOz

I'm going, after much deliberation about cancelling, I have decided to brave the hills of Portland simply to meet you crazies.
Great to hear you are still going Suz - It will be very memorable for sure!

I also just heard from Maria that there will be about 20 people attending this Portland Cruzbike Retreat!
That is fantastic! Looking forward to meeting everyone! :):D

Suz

Sounds like a great turn out. I'm looking forward to a week-end of fun and learning from all you experts.

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Great to hear you are still going Suz - It will be very memorable for sure!

I also just heard from Maria that there will be about 20 people attending this Portland Cruzbike Retreat!
That is fantastic! Looking forward to meeting everyone! :):D
Larry are you taking your own Vendetta with its 140 crank, OR relying on Ratz to bring a 406 Quest to level the playing field?

LarryOz

Larry are you taking your own Vendetta with its 140 crank, OR relying on Ratz to bring a 406 Quest to level the playing field?
I'm not taking my bike with me: Robert said he has this he could loan me (must be an experimental version! ) haha
bent fat bike.JPG
Seriously there doesn't need to be any leveling of the playing field.
Ratz and Lief can both probably wipe me off the road!

ccf

Guru
I will be there for Friday. Driving up and bringing my Silvio. Looking forward to it.

-Cliff

Lief

Guru Schmuru
The only way I wipe anyone off the road will be if it's me when I go down from exhaustion. :)
I've had other priorities in 2016 that have kept me off the bike more than I'd like.
BUT...I'm doing my part for the platform by bringing my 13yo daughter - she'll be on my Silvio 1.0 (you all might be interested in the way I got it to fit her at 5'1"+ - better ideas are naturally welcome)

I'm excited to hang out and visit with many Tribals in person.

super slim

Zen MBB Master
The only way I wipe anyone off the road will be if it's me when I go down from exhaustion. :)
I've had other priorities in 2016 that have kept me off the bike more than I'd like.
BUT...I'm doing my part for the platform by bringing my 13yo daughter - she'll be on my Silvio 1.0 (you all might be interested in the way I got it to fit her at 5'1"+ - better ideas are naturally welcome)

I'm excited to hang out and visit with many Tribals in person.
Are there ANY photos of the Mods, as it did not happen UNLESS there are photos supplied!!!
406 (20") wheels??, but how did you decrease the BB distance from the seat rear!