Portland Cruzbike retreat

Robert O

Actually, kind of a brilliant idea. Center steer, with an angled pivot; rider weight makes it tend towards straight travel. All of them are homebuilts, so there's infinite variety. I started trying to build one some years ago, but ended up going other directions. Still, I have a couple of spare wheelsets around, and quite a bit of steel... hey, send me the URL for that one, it's such a beautiful build!

super slim

Zen MBB Master
very well packed FOUR bikes!
Is the ???Lite front fork base a Thule component?
Was there a set of 406 quest wheels on the floor? For you know who?

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
very well packed FOUR bikes!
Is the ???Lite front fork base a Thule component?
Was there a set of 406 quest wheels on the floor? For you know who?

The Flex is a beast; it's like a limo crossed with a minivan; this was dry run first time setup; took about 4 hours of careful planning and measuring and now it will be very reusable. We are 6 hours down the road and nothing has shifted and nothing is rattling quite pleased with the result.

Yes those are Thule lower riders with Locks. Once locked to that giant board no one is smashing and grabbing the V20's

451 A23 Velocity Rims, Shredda 50psi tires, 150mm cranks; and Qrings, XX shifting, and Hy/RD brakes and levers. Larry will have to a least try because we are inside the gnome gemotry envelope. (We are missing a drive wheel but it's arriving Via Lief's Westrn transport service)

Suz

Wow, that is some serious packing. Looks like those stallions get the inside treatment! Mine, will suffer the elements.

Well now I'm excited seeing you packed up and on the move, may not sleep now. Packed tonight, will load up the bikes Thursday a.m. and see you in Portlandia.

Safe travels all!

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
An so it begins
Wow - That's some stock in Q-rings there!
I just finished my 2 hour Wed workout on the KICKR and am at work now.
Will go home today and take off my cranks, Q-rings and Vector pedals to pack with my other essentials like shoes, shorts, jersey's, etc.
Maybe if I take this Jersey to ride Ratz's Quest in, it will inspire me in some way to keep up with him & Lief. (I've never worn it since I won it! haha. )
World Champ 12-hour Jersey.jpg
Looking forward to seeing everyone there!
At least I'm not driving 26 hours - makes me tired just thinking about it!
Save travels Bob & Tanya, and everyone else traveling to get there.

Robert O

Ironically (as I'm only 150 miles up the road), I won't be able to make it to Portland. Take a lot of pictures for me, and have a great time!

ratz

It was a busy busy couple of days, we had a great time and now are traveling back across the country. Most of the others will be getting home Tomorrow and the photo and stories will flood in.

Three highlights :

The Cruzbike future is strong and expect the products to continue to evolve and address most of the issues we labor over here in the forums. That which can be shared will get some words soon.

Maria led PluckyBlond, Larry,Tom, and myself on the first annual Cruzbike cycle cross which envolved portaging v20 and S30's through concrete, mud and sand meanwhile Robert Holler led rides and feed everyone else burgers and fries on day 2 and Portland highlights on day 2.

There will eventually be some videos staring everyone that was there... There was riding and drones, and what do you know S30's climb gravel.

Oh and Lief's and my team won the Cruzbike olympics because the other team was clearly cheating. PluckyBlond might disagree

Suz

Oh and Lief's and my team won the Cruzbike olympics because the other team was clearly cheating. PluckyBlond might disagree

Ha! Best events ever. Tried to upload a video of the olympics using my phone. Too slow. Will load it tomorrow.

I Got home about 2 hrs ago. Big delay on the highway made the trip a bit longer. It was a great weekend!

Save travels everyone.

Last edited:

Lief

Guru Schmuru
It was so excellent to see everyone - new (and familiar) faces in the always inspirational and gracious Parker family were everywhere!
Larry, Bob, Tanya, Suz (Abby loved hanging out with you), Abram, Elliot, and some others I don't think frequent this forum.
I'm glad my adrenaline boosts finally came down to a dull roar by Friday night so you all could make out coherent sentences. :)

Here is one of my personal favorites from the weekend.
My daughter (13 yrs) was met on the back half of her first quarter century ride by the one-and-only Maria Parker - Epic.
AbbyAndMaria.jpg

Lief

Guru Schmuru
Are there ANY photos of the Mods, as it did not happen UNLESS there are photos supplied!!!
406 (20") wheels??, but how did you decrease the BB distance from the seat rear!
SuperSlim - it turns out my info on the height of my daughter was about 6 months old - she's not 5'2" anymore.
Nevertheless - the mod I performed to give her a good reach seems necessary (Silvio 1.0 isnt' the best platform for fitting a bike to a rapidly growing teenager - the QX100 is MUCH better).
I didn't get a good shot of it at the event - I'll post it later tonight when I get home.

I *think* it was Ratz-approved.

ratz

Larry, Bob, Tanya, Suz (Abby loved hanging out with you), Abram, Elliot, and some others I don't think frequent this forum.
Elliot is marshall2389, he just has to get off the bike now and then if he wants to post. This is after all fresh blueberry season and that can be a big road side distraction.