Portland Cruzbike retreat

Tuloose

Guru
It was a pleasure meeting other Cruzbike crazies at Camp Lacamas.
Now I don't feel like the only person flying the Cruzbike banner.
It was so much fun hanging out and riding with Lief, Abby, Keith, Joy, Robert, Jacob, Tom, Larry, Elliot, Suz, Bob, Tanya, Rick, Jeff, Abram, Maria, Lucia, Genevieve and Luke the photographer (did I miss anyone?)
A big thank you to Jim, Maria, Lucia & Genevieve for hosting this amazing, first of it's kind, event.
There may not be very many of us now but in time our numbers will grow.

Last edited:

AbramClark

Any more pictures?

Yes, I took quite a few pictures. I just got home an hour ago, and as soon as my phone finishes its sync I'll add a link to the album.

I would like to hear more about how it went.

Well it went excellently, but to cover everything that happened is going to take several threads I think. But first I'm going to say the CruzBike staff did a great job planning it and making it happen. I actually learned a surprising amount. Even better, I met all the extraordinary CruzBike riders who've been doing it since the beginning and to an extent way beyond what I had imagined.

Sport riders, an entire family outfitted with CruzBikes, sprint racers, marathon racers, unsupported marathon races, unsupported epic touring, and a couple who just learned to ride! Since I met so many people, along with people who I've seen on the forums, and also met at a previous event, or who'm I'd not heard of, I'm going to make an intro thread to connect forum accounts to people who were there.