Positive thoughts for Abbott

Lief

Guru Schmuru
@Abbott Smith has had a rough birthday today.
If you are friends with him on FB you'll have seen that at lunch time he blacked out for the 1st time in 7 yrs (T1Diabetic) and hit his head. That made him mad it seemed.
Then about 5 hours later he shows himself in a hospital gown, being admitted.

If, like me, you are wondering just what he's on about...
...he contacted me briefly to make sure The Tribe was aware that he is okay but being admitted as a precaution.

Long and short:
  • He's been sick (tis the season) with a virus.
  • Tylenol mucked with his glucose levels?/Monitor?
  • He blacked out for about 30 min - lucky to have gotten some sugars before that happened.
  • Couple hours later home and resting he experienced tightness in his chest / arm.
  • 911 dispatched a speedy delivery...
  • ...where he's twiddling his thumbs in the ER for the better part of a 21st century work day - waiting to be seen.

Could be related to the blackout - reduced sugar etc to his brain.
Could be related to the virus.
Could be related to his constant crankiness! :)

[waves hand] This is not the birthday you are looking for.[/waves hand]

Get well Abbott - we have many more roads to ride.

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Birthday are cool because you don't have to celebrate them the day of, belated just means more time to do it write. I hereby invoke the Do-over clause on your behalf. Please submit photographic evidence of bad party hats when complete so that Charles will know that it actually happen. In the mean time take care of yourself and get well.

Update:

So I finally got to come home from the hospital yesterday afternoon after two days of tests and rest.

In addition to the blackout, I suffered a small heart attack brought on by the combined stress of the virus, the blackout and my work environment. The silver lining of this is that the cardiac cath showed no blockages or even any plaque in any of the vessels. I should have a full recovery with rest. Which shouldn't be a problem since it sounds like my work is going to make me take next week off. The lifting restrictions from the cath procedure make it impossible to do my job.

No riding this weekend but I can start again with simple rides on Monday.

Lief

Guru Schmuru
As good of news as you might hope for I suppose!
Make good on the rest and recovery and, when you are up for it, celebrate your birthday!

bladderhead

Zen MBB Master
Diabetes, virus, blackout, bang on the coconut, heart attack. Recovering. Goes to show how tough the MBB people are.

I like the sound of Abbott's employer though. A week off? You're having a laugh. Lifting restrictions? ******* wuss.