Power meter for Vendetta

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
I might call the Stages folks directly. I have heard that they are willing to work with folks that don't fit into the mold. Certainly won't cost anything to ask.

Wannabe

Thanks Bob, Lief.
I have ridden the KICKR for 5+ hours just with the Wahoo app as my display - basically looking at wattage, HR, cadense. However I was listening to music.
There might be a little bit of art to it, but having a goal, a workout to follow, something to occupy the mind really helps a lot!
I also find I have greater motivation when I start earlier in the day - i.e. 5am or so. I have started later like 9am, and meaning to ride 5-6 hours, actually "talked" myself down to 4. Funny how your mind works sometimes!
It is also MUCH, MUCH easier to have a movie or an existing ride to watch while riding.
I will ride my really hard segments or workouts now watching my Sebring ride video or a video of a local ride with a lot a hills.
It is really helpful to have a goal. Now, the workouts are my goals. I find I can maintain a higher wattage, higher cadence, and higher HR on the trainer than the open road. Yeah, I guess I am weird in that part.
The other thing I really like about the trainer - is that you don't get a rest - the workout is harder and more intensive - there better for you in that you will bet stronger faster.
If only they will just come out with "virtual races" we can compete in. :)

Larry, I find I can ride harder on the trainer than open road because I don't have to watch out for cage driving idiots! Perhaps the same applies to you?

Last edited:

Wannabe

P L E A S E, someone with a Cruzbike move to Redding, I welcome all :D:D:D!
I know I know... I wish I were headed there. I could not keep up with you on your vendetta for to long, but wouldn't that be fun! I am with Larry, We need a town for us! Call it "CRUZVILLE" EVERY one could move there. I am in!

When we are to tired to ride..... TABLE TENNIS!

Charles.Plager

Recumbent Quant
Charles ....Tired as physically, or bored?

I'll actually get physically tired.

My brothers-in-law setup a ping pong table on a 4x8 sheet of plywood. Faster game because of the smaller size. We'd play for hours and actually get winded.

The last time I played one of them, I was wearing my son in a hip sling. He was asleep as I trounced my brother-in-law three games in a row. (When it was my turn to serve, he served for me, but left handed).

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Is there any power meters that could be glued to the curved inside or flat outside (If thin) of FSA Gossamer cranks that have been cut down to 153 mm.

Maybe http://4iiii.com but they might have a problem with the concave part.

But for Crank based you'll probably have to wait for watteams offering (this is the one Gary found a while back) it's due out really really soon. (aka nobody has a clue when).

http://watteam.com

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2014/09/watteams-powerbeat-prototypebeta.html

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
I guess the thread has been hi-jacked by Table Tennis! :) haha.
Yeah - I really love Table Tennis too, and even had a TT robot to practice with.
At one time I played competitively - I know kind of hard to believe - "Larry competitive" - but there was a time when I was younger and had more energy and all ....
A lot of fun, but rough on my knees. It is a great sport to stay in shape though.
We'll definitely have to add that to the Redding Cruzbike Bunkhouse Rec Room - RCBRR - for sure! Next to the KICKR trainers and 60" monitors - oh wait - we'll be in Redding, so won't need all that stuff! :)

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Bob, the 4iiii will only work on flat on the inside aluminium cranks, but the Watteam unit looks promising with it gluing to the top of the crank which for me has a 4.5 mm wide flat area.
I have emailed them with the details to find out if it is wide enough!!!

I knew you would know!!!!

Wannabe

W A Y C O O L !!!

I used to have a robot. When I got to where it could no longer get balls past me, I increased the power ( IXE). I could not always beat it, but after 15 mins, i would be wringing wet! Real good stuff to be sure! I think Larry is PING-PONG crazy too!
I guess the thread has been hi-jacked by Table Tennis! :) haha.
Yeah - I really love Table Tennis too, and even had a TT robot to practice with.
At one time I played competitively - I know kind of hard to believe - "Larry competitive" - but there was a time when I was younger and had more energy and all ....
A lot of fun, but rough on my knees. It is a great sport to stay in shape though.
We'll definitely have to add that to the Redding Cruzbike Bunkhouse Rec Room - RCBRR - for sure! Next to the KICKR trainers and 60" monitors - oh wait - we'll be in Redding, so won't need all that stuff! :)

LOVE IT!