Previous Bicycles before a Cruzbike

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Are there any photos taken directly from the rear of a rider on a Silvio V 2.0 onwards OR a Vendetta, as you guys have a headrest in the way!!!

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
The number one factor is "who is" the place your are going to get them made. Each company has a unique template that you have to use illustrator to layout to. If it's not illustrator then you can't resize from w-s up to m-xxl. We've got a couple of template sfor "Get Bent" and "Recumbents do it lying down" those turned our pretty cool. Cruzbike new alternative color scheme is really nice for constructing a Jersey; but we can't use their stuff without permission and final approval. That of course just mean doing it really really good.

The better template shirts are from: Bendit Cycling, and ReverseGear. Bendit's line is racing oriented and Reverse Gear is more leisure oriented. Not sure who Vite is using but emailing John or Jackie Schiltter would certainly get an answer. I'm guessing it was Bendit....

Garage posters are easy to do to; it' not like we don't a lot of good photo's to base art on. Actually have some cool stuff to in that area emerging this fall for cycling in general.

Yep. Illustrator template is a must. Involving the company is a must.

What I was thinking was two color schemes. One in yellow/gold, white and black and the other in red, white and black.

This is a very quick first pass of a front pocket bent jersey.

image.jpg

With Cruzbike in large letters across the shoulders, you could get "you too could be riding a" as a sticker for the top of your helmet.

jond

Zen MBB Master
Lief and his experience with Cruzbike were a major reason that I bought Sigrditha. In a small way it mirrors my own experience. I posted a photo of me test riding Lief's V 2.0 on the Cruzbike Facebook page. The next thing I know Cruzbike has found my JDRF personal ride page and posted a link to it on their Facebook page. Later that day Maria made a donation on my behalf. I was floored. This company is amazing. I'm meeting a recumbent rider in a couple of weeks to let him test ride my bike and try to pay it forward.
oh wow this is just a story and a half of humanity at it's best. really moved by this. makes me love my cruzbikeness more. thanks for sharing. make sure you sell him the bike :)

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
Not sure who Vite is using but emailing John or Jackie Schiltter would certainly get an answer. I'm guessing it was Bendit....
I bought two of these. I'm extremely pleased with this brand, very high quality. It appears they are through Jakaroo.
18220092285_bf6965ea04_c.jpg

Velo Tobbit

I hope nobody minds if I return to the original topic of this thread. You'll probably be bored to tears reading this but the reminiscing was fun for me.
  • Early '80s: I learned to ride two-wheeler on a girls' banana seat bike. It had some sort of handle on the back of the seat so it was easy for my dad to hang on to as I wobbled down the sidewalk. This bike was later passed onto my sister and we rode it double sometimes (FUN!). Something like this:
e07595bd15f0c7cead7b2b69b4ee3fc7.jpg

• My next bike was a red, no-name bmx-style thing. It had an orange safety flag on it just because I thought it was cool. I wiped out bad once and chipped my front tooth on this one. My mom also made "motors" for our bikes from paper plate wedges that we clothes-pinned to the forks and seat stays. (Mom had such great ideas!) The neighbors got mad when we rode those suckers around at 7 in the morning.
  • Mid '80s: My dad gave me an antique Schwinn cruiser that he rescued from the dumpster. I think it had 24" wheels. It was a classy, old-school machine with a coaster brake and a rack on the front. I tried to restore it by painting over the rust on the front wheel with some white model paint I had. Then I got bored with that and just rode it, rust and all.
  • Circa 1988: My dad brought home another dumpster find. It was a 3-speed 27" women's bike. My first multi-gear bike! It was tall and maroon and I liked it.
  • Circa 1990: I had been saving up my money and I bought a Huffy Scout 10 speed mountain bike at KMart. I had this bike all the way through middle school and high school. Several bad injuries doing stupid stuff: broken toe and face plant into gravel driveway. Here's what it looked like:
60_huffy_scout_10_speed_bike_roseville_21858422.jpg

• 1996: I bought a used 10-speed department store road bike when I started college. It was nothing special but I logged quite a few miles on it. It had a cool color scheme: black frame with yellow cable casings and yellow highlights. I tinkered a lot with it and upgraded the crank set with a used one of better quality.
  • Circa 1998: My dad found yet another dumpster bike for me. It was another Huffy 10 speed mountain bike. I rode around campus in the winter and did some trails too. Lots of tinkering...
  • 2001: I bought my first real bike, a 2000 Trek 800 Sport. They had an extra tall model at the LBS and I snapped it up. The guy even gave me a discount for making up my mind so fast. Upgrades: Brooks B67 saddle, Planet Bike fenders, new crank set, Mega Range freewheel, pedals, new rear derailleur. I still use it as a daily commuter:
IMAG0070 (Small).jpg
  • Late 2003-early 2005: My wife and I lived in France for 16 months. We didn't have any kids yet so I had plenty of time to mess with bikes. I bought and fixed up several French bikes during our time there. No car, so bringing home the groceries on my modified Jacque Anquetil:
DSCN1863 (Small).JPG
The front wheel was stolen off my Jacque Anquetil at the train station so I bought an old Peugeot road bike to replace it. It was in bad shape so I painted it and stuck some mountain bike components on it. Here I am during a rainy ride over the "Pass of the Cat" on the Peugeot:
DSCN2035 (Small).JPG
  • Late 2005: We lived in Uganda for a few months and I bought a Panasonic mountain bike at the bike market (wonderful place!). It was actually a really nice bike!
  • Circa 2008: We moved to Congo and I bought a used Trek mountain bike from another American who was leaving. It was my first bike with suspension. I rode the crowded African streets and inhaled plenty of diesel fumes. Oh well...
  • 2010: Inspired by the Cruzbike MBB concept, I built a recumbent from dumpster finds and garage sale purchases. (More info in this thread: http://www.cruzbike.com/forum/threads/its-getting-better.8547/)
  • 2013: Finally got me a real Cruzbike! A converted Next Avalon:
Bikes 1 (Small).jpg