problems laying the seat all the way down.

JonB

Zen MBB Master
Hi

I have some trouble laying the seat all the way down. The problem is that i can no longer comfortably reach the handlebar.

I have flipped the black thing on the rear of the seat attached to the seat post, and i like lying down.

I have tried moving the handlebar back on the front, but the telescopic front tubing becomes a much smaller diameter, so i can not move the handle bar :-(

I have tried moving the seat forward, both the black thing underneath and the seat pan, but no matter what i do, it seems like the front of the seat pan will touch the frame.

So, what do i do?

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
Hmm, tricky question JonB.

The Freerider stem is for a 34.9 tube, but as you noted, the tube tapers - to 31.8mm, a difference of 3.1.

Can you find some shim, which is 0.75 mm and use two wraps?

JonB

Zen MBB Master
JonB wrote: I have tried moving the seat forward, both the black thing underneath and the seat pan, but no matter what i do, it seems like the front of the seat pan will touch the frame.
Thinking more about this. If i move the seat pan, then i have to move the bottom bracket as well, to get the distance to fit, but this also moves the handlebar attachment, and then i am back to square 1.

JonB

Zen MBB Master
johntolhurst wrote: Hmm, tricky question JonB.

The Freerider stem is for a 34.9 tube, but as you noted, the tube tapers - to 31.8mm, a difference of 3.1.

Can you find some shim, which is 0.75 mm and use two wraps?
Maybe, but it must NOT slip. And i am afraid that if i connect it right after the tube clamp, then it pressing here will make it impossible to move the telescopic front tube in or out. It is already VERY hard to do so. May i grease it? and then the tube clamp can still hold it tight?

I have thought about attaching on the other side if the tube clamp, but that is MUCH smaller, so i need a different part for that. I am unsure if i can get a part which is long enough to give sufficient leg clearance.

I have also thought about getting longer handle bar, this might work well.

Finally i have also thought about giving up and raising the seat again.

I will not convert to a sofrider style.