Quest 451 2.0 - Jackson, Miss.

castlerobber

Zen MBB Master
Selling my Q451 2.0. I bought it new one year ago (late May 2014).

The components are stock: SRAM DualDrive 3 x 9, 11-28 cassette, 42T Cruzbike e-ring, Kenda Kwest 28-451 tires, Avid brakes.

I added a Zéfal Spy Mirror, a Zéfal bottle cage on the seat back, the Cruzbike heavy-duty rear rack, and an N-Gear Jump Stop chain guide. I'm also including a TerraCycle accessory mount on the steering mast, where I had my headlight, and throwing in my spare tubes.

I've put just over 500 miles on the Q, not counting the initial parking-lot sessions and a few demo rides. It's been a great bike to learn FWD-MBB on, but now that I have a Silvio (and my firstborn is headed for college), it's time to find the Q a new home. It's in excellent condition, other than a few small paint chips from normal wear, and a slight scrape on the end of the left-hand brake lever.

The Q451 lists for $1,995, without the $150 worth of accessories. Asking $1,525 (or best offer, within reason) plus shipping. I'd be willing to meet within a couple of hours' drive of Jackson, Mississippi, to avoid having to pack and ship.

IMG_9078_web.jpg
IMG_9082_web.jpg IMG_9084_web.jpg IMG_9086_web.jpg IMG_9093_web.jpg

Last edited:

Steven Bell

Hi,
Yes I 'm new and un-tested, and made worse by being in Canada (well not for me). I've had many bents in my past, most recently Giro and a Performer 20x26 which was great but now i'm looking very diligently at the CruzeBike as i am planning a cross country trip and have heard many, many stellar points on this bent.
So, my question for you, would you sell to a Canadian buyer. Doing all necessary steps to ensure you are of course paid in full (no paypal, direct wire e-transfer) sending via UPS (would have to account for this in shipping, i would of course look after any other duty/taxes we Canadians so look forward to.
If you would consider this, I would also wish to speak to you personally and my phone # I would provide as well.
Thank you for considering this and whatever you decide, have a great independence day as well!
Cheers,
Steven

castlerobber

Zen MBB Master
No, it hasn't sold. :)

Sent you a PM (or "started a conversation," as this forum calls it)

Last edited:

castlerobber

Zen MBB Master
Trying one more time. Price reduced to $1,450.

I'm fine with selling to a Canadian buyer, but be aware that the taxes and import fees may be cost-prohibitive.

If you're a brand-new forum member, and you PM me without posting here first, please tell me a little bit about yourself. Name, where you live, why you're interested in my Q. Generic "is the bike still available? If so, call 769-555-1212" messages sound too much like Craigslist scams. Given the volume of SPAM here these days, I prefer to be cautious.

castlerobber

Zen MBB Master
Took the Q out for a couple of rides in the past few weeks, and realized how much I still like it. I'm taking it off the market. Assuming I can still get a long chainstay for it, this may become a Q507--but that'll be a thread of its own. Besides that, the TTrike attachment is coming one day...

Thanks to those of you who vouched for the condition of the bike, and were kind enough to mention occasionally on these forums and others that a Q451 was still available.