Questions about the new Silvio Chainstay Extensions

randyspann

- From your store:
When the Silvio is adjusted to a taller rider the crank gets lower to the ground, as it rotates forward. To compensate, we have produced 100mm and 150mm extentions to the chainstay. When these are used, the chain must be lengthened by 200mm and 300mm respectively.

When you order, let us know if you want the 100mm or 150mm version.

As a guide, if you are 180cm tall, take the 100mm, if you are 190cm tall, take the 150mm. Otherwise, you will probably be happy with the standard chainstay length.

- I have an xseam of 46 inches (117cm?) and my BB height on the silvio is about 1 3/4 inches to 2 inches lower than the seat height. Any idea how much each of the two chain extensions would raise my BB height? I would like to raise my BB height about 3 inches. Which to order!

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
Yes, you can estimate the

Yes, you can estimate the expected BB height like this:

place a rod vertically at the BB;
measure distance from axle to BB, which will be 430mm;
take a measure 530mm from the axle to the rod, mark position on rod and see how high this is.
repeat for 580mm

randyspann

100mm extension

- Thanks John - Doing a rough measurement using two yardsticks, looks like the 100mm extension will raise my BB by about 5 inches. So I will order that one. That should help with the front of the seat problem and right leg rubbing the front brake. I also expect the more "closed" body position to be a little better for power and comfort.