Questions re: Silvio from a stickbike/lowracer rider

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
BTW this is one of the reasons why I like the Cruzbike. So many standard parts and components. I can go over to various cycling enthusiasts here and chat for 20 minutes and see the rims, tires, shifting, drivetrain, etc and translate easily to a cruzbike.

Psssst........ Tubeless......:rolleyes:

DuncanWatson

I am not sure I can commit to tubeless. Flat tires are a fact of life around so much construction and making dealing with a flat harder is in direct opposition to my goals.

Good point Ratz - with "standard" wheelbases the world of bike racks opens up immensely.
Far more transportable when compared to velo's and trikes etc...which is what Duncan is after methinks - they just take a bit more work to accommodate.

I recently got a SMOKING! deal on a Thule T2 rack (ahem $40 demo/floor model at REI Garage Sale!!)
http://www.thule.com/en-us/us/produ...bike-carriers/thule-t2-2-bike-916xtr-_-916xtr

Holds the Vendetta and my Silvio together quite nicely.
Lief used this rack the day I rode with him. Worked great.

Can I just derail this thread once more and say how pumped I am that Duncan is looking into Cruzbike and Abbott has his in da house and Troy in Edmonds has a Silvio S30 (haven't met you yet Troy) - we ALMOST have a quorum right here in lil' 'ol Seattle! :)

I see...a...Cruzbike...rally...in my future!
Soon Lief. Soon. :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:Oh and Duncan we need to talk Clydesdale. I'm 6'2" with a 47" X-seam.:p

Jeremy S

Dude
Hi Duncan, last summer and fall I found long rides on my Silvio to be an incredibly effective way to melt off the pounds (although I confess to adding some of them back over the winter). Good luck with your goals.

DuncanWatson

I believe you. The extra upper body workout and climbing ability are both features that intrigue me and I hope will help. The picture in my avatar is from the 2nd year of my raptobike ownership and I lost a lot of weight riding that bike. If I get back to commuting then that will make a huge difference since my commute is at least 100 miles/week depending on route. I can bump that up easily to 150 and increase the climbing as well, all with a safer route. I used to pass DFs on the steepest part of my commute back in the day. It wasn't more than a couple years ago. I can make that happen again.

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
It wasn't more than a couple years ago. I can make that happen again.
Good luck Duncan. I lost 30 lbs last year after purchasing my Cruzbikes and changing to a descent diet. Bob's diet plan looks great and might be well worth looking into. I would have used if I would have know about before I shed the extra lbs.

telephd

Guru
I highly recommend Cycling Past 50....even if your not ;) It is a great book and full of great tips and training advice.

ratz

Yeap I'm 3.5 out on 50 and combined "Fast after 50" and "Racing weight - Quick Start" for a very effective system. I've mentioned it elsewhere. Mrs Ratz has hit her highschool weight; and I'm well on my way there. Next up body fat ratio's.

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
You young whipper snapper's.
I'll be 56 this year - old and almost all grey - Guess in 4 years, I just have to get the "Fast after 60" edition.
Assuming Joe F writes the next decade one - If not, then hopefully I can live to write it! :)

ratz

You young whipper snapper's.
I'll be 56 this year - old and almost all grey - Guess in 4 years, I just have to get the "Fast after 60" edition.
Assuming Joe F writes the next decade one - If not, then hopefully I can live to write it! :)
Joe's in his 70's and suffered a pretty major crash that put him off the bike for ¾ of a year. Let's definately hope he's around for a while to write more.