QX100 arrived

Emeljay

WiskersBlowinInTheWind
IMG_20151006_163421_349~2.jpg IMG_20151006_165048_313~2.jpg IMG_20151006_172459_821~3.jpg Originally the shipper net page noted the arrival date of my X100 as Oct 3. I thought that was fast but these are fast bikes, right?!!!!
But on the 3rd the arrival date on their net page changed to the 6th. OK, I could wait since I had my Q to ride.
TODAY is the 6th!!!! I thought about calling in sick, but being an old guy I thought that I better save sick time for when I want to ride my X100, I mean am actually sick.
It arrived :)
The box is 27×30×14 so was easy to carry. Like a kid in a candy store I wanted to get at it, but did stop to take some pics. Because I need to get up earlier than O Dark Thirty for work I will leave the remainder of the build for tomorrow.
Mark.

VenRiderGuy

" I thought about calling in sick, but being an old guy I thought that I better save sick time for when I want to ride my X100, I mean am actually sick."

Yes, I also find the maturity that comes with age to be a real bummer at times. When retirement comes, I will start my de-maturing journey.

Emeljay

WiskersBlowinInTheWind
I wanted to see the real green also, that is, in the sunlight color does not lie. Right? Wrong! I carried the frame out to the light, and the color and finish was magnificent. The specaled (don't deduct for spelling - not my best subject) finish looked anywhere from a medium to a slightly darker green depending from the angle I was looking at it. The pics don't do it justice - do they ever?
MarkIMG_20151007_151311_975~2.jpg

Emeljay

WiskersBlowinInTheWind
X100 build
Wed 2pm: Cycled home on Q from a very long hard day (I get to work after committing on Q at 3am) but looking forward to X100 build. The X arrives 75% built unless you choose the 90% option. First I wanted to see the green frame color in the sunlight - looks great see prev post for pic. Then I wanted to start the build, but I was tired from working and wanted to take my time.
Thursday 6am: finally up from good sleep, coffee and breakfast while looking at X parts laid out on plastic and contemplating steps for build. Yes I know, get to it, but I have never been a fast worker ( or bicyclist) just steady and sure.
8am: First I changed tires to Schwalbe Marathon Plus 559x40. I running 40s on my Q and have liked the flat protection of the Plus. There are lots of pointy things in this desert such as goat heads and various cactus thorns and all seem to be aimed at my tires. Pumped tires to 70 psi (55-95 recommended). Then let air out a little and kneaded tires all the way around. The rear tire had tube stuck between tire and run so fixed that, and aired both back to 70.
9:50 am: You say 2 hours to change two tires!!!?!!! I say yes ONLY 2 hours - hey and I have also been contemplating my next step!
10am: Mounted dropout/RD, checked and adjusted both wheels bearing tension, mounted wheels. Will check and adjust RD and disc brakes later.
11am: Lunch
11:01am: Set bike upright. WAIT you say? Oh,lunch! I drank a protein smoothie. You now see where my priorities are today!
Set handlebar riser in place, adjusted headset, beat handlebar onto riser with mallet.
Installed shock skewer, seat post, seat, and installed pedals. Set distance from back of seat to forward pedal to my X-seam on the slider tube. Checked and tightened all bolts and quick releases. Starting to look like a Cruzbike!
Installed Ventisit seat pad, and only now did Titleist, Wilson's brother, show up after the heavy lifting was done (see white dot on Ventisit).
Want to test ride, but Titleist said "NO"!!!!! He continued "it is time to contemplate what else needs to be done as I need you to be around to pay our rent"!
"OK, OK"!!!! I said.
I'm contemplating . . .
. . .

IMG_20151008_145614_286~2.jpg

Emeljay

WiskersBlowinInTheWind
I just had a good laugh - it just struck me since coming home from the dentist (fixed a tooth i broke) that Wilson saw the same thing that Titleist is seeing now (except I did not pass out). Still contemplating . . .

Emeljay

WiskersBlowinInTheWind
Checked all nuts, bolts, skewers and quick releases on my new QX100 so now time to test ride in the parking lot. It feels quick and light compared to my Q. Light feel because of no SRAM Dual Drive?
The handlebar riser is 1.75 inches longer than on my Q so the handlebars feel high to me. The additional height may be good for others, but I will think about cutting it down to match my Q.
Other than the bar height the ride in the parking lot was similar to Q.
I can't wait for more riding time on the X.
IMG_20151009_171858_351~2~2.jpg

Emeljay

WiskersBlowinInTheWind
I live in the desert so I love the Ventisit also. The Ventisit as a seat pad is just one of the many tips I am thankful for from this forum, but I will have to say that the original Cruzbike seat pad was veeeerrrry comfortable for the time I used it in Feb. And I saved it for the cooler months this winter (you know, when the temp here get all the way down to 55°F. Berrrrrrr!) But thanks to all for all for the tips during my early times while I was lurking on these fora!
Give me a another tip -how do you get that orange box from a previous post? Thanks

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
Give me a another tip -how do you get that orange box from a previous post? Thanks
Easy - Run your cursor over the text you want to highlight while holding down the right button on your mouse, then a little grey bubble will appear that says "Reply", click it, and that will show up in to your post reply as a quote.

Emeljay

WiskersBlowinInTheWind
I don't have a computer, am using a smarter than me fon , don't have mouse, but experimented and the following copied text into reply box.
1 hilite text to copy
2 copy to clipboard
3 select more options button on bottom of reply box
4 it opens up a Reply to Thread box
5 select upper right icon that looks like page with wrench
6that opens up a yellow Reply to Thread box
7 press stylus on yellow page
8 select paste icon
The text I selected was pasted into the yellow box
9 then add my new msg in response to the copied and pasted previously posted text
10 when finished select Post Reply button
11 I was lucky to figure this out;)
;)

Eric Winn

Zen MBB Master
using a smarter than me fon

For an iPhone or iPad, press and hold on a word to select it. Drag one of the selection handles to control changing what is selected. Xenforo should also display a small, gray reply "button". Tap that reply button and it will copy the selected text into a new post edit window and you continue from there.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    167.4 KB · Views: 5

Emeljay

WiskersBlowinInTheWind
I did not want to cut the handlebar riser tube w/o second opinion. So I took the riser off my Q and installed it on my X100. The short tube from my Q, longer from X100.

IMG_20151012_135900_074~2.jpg

Took it for a ride and I liked the 1.75 inch shorter version from my Q (I am 5'8" with 40 inch X-seam). The test ride with the shorter riser tube from my Q made the X feel like i've been used to on Q. I don't want to say seems lighter, easier turning, faster because my Q is set up differently (different handlebars, different seat angle, tires are a different size by 5 mm so the feel is subjective). But in the end for me I'm going to cut the X riser tube by 1.75 inch. Titleist seconded.

Charles.Plager

Recumbent Quant
You can lower the clamp on the too-tall stem without cutting it. I'd recommend doing this anyway before cutting it to make sure you know exactly where to cut. (So both bikes can be used at the same time.)

Emeljay

WiskersBlowinInTheWind
Good tip ... like measure twice, cut once; only here slide handlebars down 1.75, ride to see if good fit, then cut! I like this! Thx