QX100 arrived

DavidJL

Just put in an order for a green QX100 bike. Jumping right in and taking the Dynamic (don't fall down and go) Boom Challenge. Really looking forward to it.

Bruce B

Jumping right in and taking the Dynamic (don't fall down and go) Boom Challenge. Really looking forward to it.

While awaiting delivery read and understand the basic "how to ride" threads. After the Q is set up and ready to go the practical application (real fun) begins.
In a very short time you will be amazed how easy the bike is to ride!

Emeljay

WiskersBlowinInTheWind
You can also download the Cruzbike owners manual from the CB site. Read sizing and fitting tips, and safety. Page 7 has learning to ride tips.

When I first rode my first Q, I at first thought "what did I get myself into". But I visualized little kids first on their Big Wheels notBigwheel-Gear-Patrol.jpg :)letting their brains get in the way of having fun and soon they were pedalling straight.

I read "Getting used to the feel" and "Pedalling for the first time" paragraphs on page 7. Later was the skills chart on 13-15.

Last edited:

DavidJL

I'm getting mentally psyched up for it. Will have to get used to the more open body angle, too. The VK2 limited production model was tempting, but I wanted disc brakes on both wheels, and didn't want the SRAM dual drive hub. I would normally ride a 54 cm diamond frame bike, so adjustment of boom should be easy.

DavidJL

QX100 is on its way now. Hopefully will be at home when it comes. Yabba-dabba-do...at least at first...

Robert Holler

Administrator
Staff member
My #1 advice for learning to ride is to take your time and get to feel and master the nuance of the FWD particularly in turns before getting too fast or pulling switchback maneuvers, etc. Find an empty lot and get a feel for the ride. Use platforms for a while and start with the basics.

Sometimes I think people get on and want to fly down the road way too fast way too soon. This is of course a bad idea on any bike or recumbent - I regard our bikes as fine machines that will pay dividends in your riding skills if the time and effort is put in to master the details.

Of course if you have questions the folks here RULE!

:)

Robert

DavidJL

QX100 arrived today, so did winter... Got it put together. Had to bring the boom in to about 4.5 setting. Needed to adjust disc brakes a little to get the discs in. This is definitely not your long-wheelbase, under seat steering recumbent. Learning to ride this will be a challenge, but then again, so was learning to use inline skates.

Zzzorse

Zen MBB Master
I think the short wheelbase is the best part, highly maneuverable. Follow the 'learn to ride' instructions at this site and you'll be up and running in no time.

DavidJL

And to think I have never seen a Cruzbike in the flesh. Would have been nice if there had been Cruzbikes 35 years ago... Better late than never. Such a cool bike, will turn heads.