RAAM 2013 - Maria Tracking

Eric Winn

Zen MBB Master
There is live tracking here:

http://www.ridefarther.com/index.php/news/live-tracking

And here:

http://www.3000milestoacure.com/team/where-is-maria

As of this post the race started about 34 minutes ago but Maria, Seana Hogan, and Kathy Roche-Wallace are still at the start but others are showing on the course 10 miles out. Not sure if tracking is off or some other issue.

Edit: 20130611.1543 EDT - Seems like things are moving now:

MariaTrack-01.png height:746px; width:811px

-Eric

Eric Winn

Zen MBB Master
Maria and Google Street View

Drag and drop the Street View icon near Maria's locator beacon where it is visible in the map view and you can see both her locator flag and what it looks like where she currently is - assuming there are street view photos available for the area she is in.

-Eric

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
As usual, I am feeling quite

As usual, I am feeling quite anxious, excited and distracted while Maria is racing. This time its 10 days of it!!!

Eric Winn

Zen MBB Master
The RAAM live tracker is back

The RAAM live tracker is back up. It had crashed earlier.

I'm with you John - anxious, excited, distracted.

The RAAM live track lets you see where the other riders are. Maria seems to have caught up with and passed some of the folks that started in the wave before hers.

currystomper

+1 Supporting Maria

Go Girl Go!!

Looking forward to following Maria's progress in the RAAM!!

I put a link up on our local forum - so hopefully that will help the cause too:-

http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/recumbent-solo-rider-in-the-raam.132882/

It a long way to go - but I'm sure the Cruzbike will serve her well.

CS

currystomper

..and she is still going after the team car rear end shunt

Maria and her team are showing great resolve to keep going after that rear end shunt of the team car,

http://instagram.com/p/ahce-kNBO_/

its great that the RAAM have reinstated her!!

I'm in awe - looking forward to ordering my Silivo later in the year and maybe getting my 100 miles in a day target done. that seems a big deal for me and she is doing 3000 miles!!

Wow!!

CS

Eric Winn

Zen MBB Master
Battling back and forth now.

Battling back and forth now. Cassie slightly ahead doing 19.3mph, Maria coming up behind her doing 22.4mph.

Pretty cool race.

-Eric

currystomper

Eric
I'm glad someone else is

Eric

I'm glad someone else is excited as I am!! - to have lost all that time at the crash and now to be up there going for the overall lead is amazing!!

?CS

currystomper

Over the last big hills

Eric

Its great that you got to support her in person!!

It looks like Maria's over the last big hill so hopefully she can start to see all the effort coming to an end - Monday 3:00pm is the cut off for the race so its looks as if she has plenty of time at her current average speed.

I have supported a 24 hour cyclist and have seen the effort that that 540 miles in 24 hours can take - I still can't make the leap from a 24 hour event to a 3000 mile event!!! Not only for Maria but also for the support team.

What a achievement this is!!

WOW!!

CS

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
Here is my tracking on

Here is my tracking on Maria's ride. The difference columns are OVER and UNDER. Only when I have managed to correctly observe all stops is OVER figure accurate. So you can see that Maria's output has been reasonable constant across the days. On TS50, I noted a 40 minute stop, and a 13 minute OVER time. The time column doesn't factor in any reduction of capacity of the rider.

2013-06-23_085609.jpg height:835px; width:742px

Kenneth Jessett

There is a big difference in

There is a big difference in racing in a 24 hour race where on-the-road crew support is required to that of a loop race.

At our 24 hour race this spring - run on a a 21 mile loop - the racers return to the pit stops and do not have support outside that area.

Although two of the racers qualified for RAAM in the event (a standard at 429 miles and a recumbent at 405 miles), as all of the data shows, it is the quality of the crew support out on the road that mainly determines the success or failure of the RAAM attempt.

Since so much of the effort of cycling 3,000 miles becomes one of attrition, the mental struggle that ensues can be devastating to the will to continue. Having a first rate able and supportive crew in constant attendance, can do wonders for a weary body and a failing mental resolve.