RAAM time to spread the word again about 3000 miles to a cure

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
As Larry starts his tapper and I start to pack up all the RAAM gear it's time to spread the word about all the hard work people have been putting into this effort.

There are two teams racing this year; 4dudes and the Crubike team. Right those 4dudes are killing us on the donation smack down, and it's time to start chewing away at their lead.

So to get things up and running; we just launched our new website right in time for RAAM and we've loaded it with a gift to the team. Check it out here http://technosis.biz. It's the only place you'll find this video for awhile please refrain from sharing the direct link to the video, there's a very large donate button on the landing pages so pass the site around instead if you will, nobody needs to enter the site to watch the video. We'd like people to see donate link, and I haven't had time to add one into the video itself yet; I will before I leave for Oceanside but packing looms large. If the video is too much for your tastes still get the word out for people to go https://3000milestoacure.com/event/2017-raam-cruzbike time to show the 4dudes just how big a reach the tribe has.

PS: the TechNosis site, where Larry and I work, was created in about three days with the massive help of pluckyblond who gave up two full Saturdays to edit the video; if you spot a typo feel free to pm me; we are never offended by eagle eye proofreaders. You all know I can't write typo free worth a darn.

Lief

Guru Schmuru
Video has some stunning visuals. Congrats @ratz and Pluckyblonde.

one more I saw. "
Long before it was cool to call yourself a managed services firm, we <were> out there proactively managing systems."

ratz

Video has some stunning visuals. Congrats @ratz and Pluckyblonde.

one more I saw. "
Long before it was cool to call yourself a managed services firm, we <were> out there proactively managing systems."

Yeah that guy for from Seattle in the pace line I bet you recognize him... Thanks for the typo catch; I've read the text too much to spot a moose if it was pinch hitting for a mouse.

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
Well I just watched a couple of RAAM youtube films. Team Deutcheland seemed to be huge. I hope you have a good cook that can stay the distance.

Also Marko Baloh has a load of business sponsors on the end of his film and that was his 8th completed RAAM - truly heroic. Both videos didn't have very gripping themes. I guess by producing a video the sponsors can have their 5 seconds of fame. It was just open roads with non-inspiring music. What amazes me is with just two support cars ... who takes all the photos and videos? There is a whole load of management issues and support which are just as important as the performance of the rider. It would be nice to hear the team objectives and the pre-ride prep on every day.

There has to be a huge amount of planning to get this sort of ride completed.

I was reading last night about team Lightning how they won the RAAM on the F40.

Exciting and inspired

ratz

Ok Audio levels on the video are finalized and it can be shared in Social Media.

Feel free to use on whatever social media service you like to encourage people to donate.

As soon a Lucia pushes a button I'll add in the "donate" button right inside the video.

tiltmaniac

Zen MBB Master
I have that same toolchest, I think.
Watch out-- if you put heavy things in the plastic compartmentalized 'drawers', and then do some lateral Gs, they'll bust the latch at the top of the plastic 'cage' door. The little plastic latches are pretty weak...

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Ratz in your spare time, can you take some photos of the individual plastic boxes, so we can see what tools and spares you are taking with on your holiday, travelling across the States!!!??

The Boyd Aero jacket wheels look great!

Are you taking close ratio rear cassettes for the Flatlands of Kansas and Missouri?
Are you going to drop into the Newton Bike Shop?

Last edited:

DavidCH

Wow.... doing RAAM with covers for the front wheel. That's brave. Sure knows it works, lets hope the winds are light.

ratz

Ratz in your spare time, can you take some photos of the individual plastic boxes, so we can see what tools and spares you are taking with on your holiday, travelling across the States!!!??

The Boyd Aero jacket wheels look great!

Are you taking close ratio rear cassettes for the Flatlands of Kansas and Missouri?
Are you going to drop into the Newton Bike Shop?

I'll assign that to @Lief when here arrives for the drive to CA this weekend..

DavidCH

I am monitoring the transatlantic way race from Dublin to Cork. The organizers are using track leaders.com. Really interesting views and they have a view called raceflow which shows speed and restpoints over time. Why am I posting this here? I am curious what we are going to see with the RAAM. Hopefully we get a bit more of an update than just having our fingers crossed for Jason until he finishes or Larry, Kevin, Maria or Jim for the future.
IMG_0883.PNG

Last edited:

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Yeah I had no idea the Trans was so pro about their event. This brings the event into a whole new light and possibility for future consideration.

ratz

The RAAM tracker can be a bit daunting; we'll have live tracking per rider on the donate page at 3000milestoacure.com I finished configuring it today. It won't appear on the page until race day.

super slim

Zen MBB Master
The RAAM tracker can be a bit daunting; we'll have live tracking per rider on the donate page at 3000milestoacure.com I finished configuring it today. It won't appear on the page until race day.
Will each bike have a spot tracker + a Live tracker?

ratz

Will each bike have a spot tracker + a Live tracker?
We are using Quarq Qollectors. You'll be able to see the current rider live, and review the resting riders recent efforts. This is actually our way to get telemetry back to HQ for Analysis, but it also makes a great way for you to all follow along. Spot Tracker ain't giving you Larry's live heart rate and power data, Ours will assuming it all works.

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Will there be only one Spot tracker for the team, that is moved onto the competing bike at the change over?
How long will each rider's ride go for?