Racing

COBRA GT

Raced this weekend @ Northbrook , IL on the velodrome. Charlie Ollinger was there with the Vendetta. He did very well in the sprints and the lap race. Only racers that were faster were on extreme low racer bikes...no draft! Charlie was never lapped. Charlie was nice enough to let me try the Vendetta. Much higher B.B. , lower seat/laid back , and lighter than my Silvio 1.0.. Very nice. Gary.

COBRA GT

Hey Eric. Track was smooth / slight winds. Rode my faster bike [X-Stream] ..would have loved to borrow your V.. : ) . Gary.

Eric Winn

Zen MBB Master
I'm going to try real hard to

I'm going to try real hard to get to some of the HPV stuff next year, especially the velodrome events as I've never ridden in a velodrome and it looks like a blast.

You're welcome to try my V if you'll fit but if you fit on Charlie's I suspect mine would squish you, I'm pretty short.

-Eric

Robert Holler

Administrator
Staff member
Gary,
Nice!!
I need to take

Gary,

Nice!!

I need to take the 3 minute ride required to go here:

http://www.obra.org/track/information/

And try a Vendetta on the Alpenrose velodrome... man it has STEEP sides. I have flown around it on a trike (blast) and on a DF (scary as heck) haha!

?Whatever happens don't slow down in the corners!

Robert

Lief

Guru Schmuru
More than 3 minutes...but so worth it

Robert,
My ride would be about 3 hours and 3 minutes to get to Alpenrose but that would be so fun!

The velodrome near me (Marymoor) doesn't appear to be open to the public like this one does.
I'm still investigating.

Lief

Robert Holler

Administrator
Staff member
Lief,
If you get there early

Lief,

If you get there early enough and nobody is on the track they don't mind other bikes on it. There is a lot of racing this time of year though so it is pretty busy - more than you would think.

Robert

Lief

Guru Schmuru
Testing Image Upload - Vendetta pr0n

Robert - this is me spinning up your Vendetta at HPV @ PIR over Memorial Day!
Boy that was a treat!

I updated my BROL avatar with this shot and kinda liked the "oil painting treatment" here.

LiefVendetta.jpg   width:263px

Eric Winn

Zen MBB Master
Dang, you are going so fast

Dang, you are going so fast you are just a blur!
tongue_smile.gif

Sorry, couldn't resist but it often feels like that is how fast I'm going on mine at times.

-Eric

Robert Holler

Administrator
Staff member
Lief was just about to hit

Lief was just about to hit the speed where my built in flux capacitor would kick in sending him back to 1955.

Lief

Guru Schmuru
haha

@Eric - I was monkeyng around with the picture (filters and such) and this particular arrangement seemed cool enough with my foot and the big chainring kinda spinning together - thought it looked pretty neato.

@Robert - the flux capacitor IS the Vendetta. :)