Rear derailleur special hanger blot and nut question

My Q arrived but I have found the directions a bit lacking, actually my skill and knowledge severely lacking. I am hung up on how to attach the derailleur. The instructions reference a special hanger nut and bolt.

Could someone post a pic of what this looks like? My plan is to get the q assembled and then have my LBS check my work. I looked at the videos but the derailleur was already on the bike. Thanks you. I appreciate the help.

5mm hex hanger bolt

I have studied and now believe I am missing the hanger bolt. I finally have the chain untangled and everything oriented. The hanger fits into the frame groove. I can't figure out how to attach the derailleur to the frame. I think you use the bolt and then install the tire. I am going to see if I can find a bolt that fits. Bike shop doesn't open until tomorrow.

Thanks but ??

thank you for the pic but I think this is a different derailleur. The Q has a SRAM dual drive w/ click box. The clickbox fits onto the axle end. I have no nut or bolt left in any bag. I wish it looked like that. I think the click box is going to be a pain.

?

TimH

I had the same trouble

You should find the hanger bolt already threaded into the derailleur. It is not obviously a bolt until you remove it from the derailleur.

castlerobber

Zen MBB Master
Clickbox installation

The clickbox was kind of a nuisance to install, and I'm still not good at it. But once on correctly, it stays on. It's nice being able to shift the DualDrive while stopped--especially when I've had to stop unexpectedly, or on a hill, and need a much lower gear for starting.

These may help you see how to get the clickbox on:

http://cruzbike.com/installing-clickbox-sram-dualdrive#comment-21403

https://www.bikefriday.com/service/service_library/79

Glad you found your derailleur bolt. It took two of us most of last Memorial Day to put my Q451 together. I think sorting the chain was the hardest part.