Rear Rack

Itripper

I've used the Arkel rack on my DF bike but don't like that it's center of gravity is so high, so I went with the Nitto R-14 Top Rack from Rivendell (rivbike.) Because it's only 12 inches long, the Arkel Trunk Bag hangs over a little. Nitto rates this rack at 13 lb., but I added a pair of straight struts (cut to 25 cm) to add stability.
View attachment 2973View attachment 2974
Interesting, first real rack setup I have seen on a Vendetta. Do you think it messes with the passive rear suspension, does it make the bike ride stiffer in the back end?

Also where did you get the additional struts at? Was the factory strut long enough to extend all the way back like that? How stiff is it?

Last edited:
iTripper, I can't appreciate any change after adding the rack unless I put about 15 pounds of stuff on it, when it just feels heavier. Then again I've only had the V less that two months.

Snilard, the 650b wheels probably feel about the same as 700c if using same brand and diameter tires. The size 32 rides well but feels a little squirrelly with low pressure.