Recumbent bicycle run Paris - Brest 2015

Martinius Berg

The run is international. Beautiful terrain through France best country side , and very social with all these different people with there " The other bikes" . I even saw a couple of Cruzbike Vendettas and a Silvio 2.0 at the start.

Need right :) Martinius.

Last edited:

jond

Zen MBB Master
wow double wow. in the first vid at 3.32 check out the recumbent bike with push pull propulsion. never seen one like that before. long way to ride like that. i can feel the blisters already. thanks for sharing the videos of audax mecca. great job and wonderful to see so many recumbents and alternatives.

super slim

Zen MBB Master
What about the guys standing up on the exercise bikes with a planetary cross trainer arrangement!!!
I wonder how far they rode?

There was a lot of different storage arrangements, AND lights

jond

Zen MBB Master
What about the guys standing up on the exercise bikes with a planetary cross trainer arrangement!!!
I wonder how far they rode?

There was a lot of different storage arrangements, AND lights

slim i reckon they might not have gotten to 1200klm but then again i would not be surprised. anyone who participates is a hero and must have met the start criteria. we had a decent aussie contingent too this year.

tiltmaniac

Zen MBB Master
wow double wow. in the first vid at 3.32 check out the recumbent bike with push pull propulsion. never seen one like that before. long way to ride like that. i can feel the blisters already. thanks for sharing the videos of audax mecca. great job and wonderful to see so many recumbents and alternatives.
And apparently, the PBP has been done with one of those before, at least I seem to remember reading that last time I looked at one of these.
I also remember seeing a sprint demonstration from one of these (vs a fast bent, though I don't recall which). Needless to say, the rowing bike won, likely for similar reasons that the Cruzbikes are efficient/fast.

Martinius Berg

Derk Thys and his brother from the province of Zeeland in the Netherlands is a well known designer and production manager . There bicycle products are amazing HPV innovations :) Its well worth looking at the company production time line here and see how there bikes where done back in time and how they are manufactured today :)
Especially the fact that Derk and his brother have developed bikes with possible use fore "disabled persons" is something i personally appreciate very much.

The quality and durability of these bikes is amazing. When any of you Cruzbikers visits the Netherlands some day i can advize to pop by a visit in his little factory in the city of Middelburg , province Zeeland in the Nethelands . Besides that there is another factory by the name of M5 ligfietsen in the same town . The owners name is Bram Moens and him and his staf guides customers in a gentle way through the factory and exhibition hall.

Thank you Martinius :)

Martinius Berg

Papou you did your best and that is what counts right ? I hope you had great fun riding this fantastic run. I am a bit curious about how it went with the Step board people , i`ll gues they are from Holland ? Do you know anything about that ? Is there a final finish list available from the run maybe ?

Thanks fore sharing your photo Martinius.

I was but a small physical problem forced me to abandon Loudéac (return) after about 800km

Last edited: