Reel me in...

SacDave

...I do believe I'm hooked. After lurking here for a week or so and reading pretty much every post, I think there may be room for a Silvio in my future. First a bit of background as intro.

I'm a card-carrying Old Fart (turned 60 today), who somehow over the years managed to get himself way out of shape. The gentle nagging of wife and doctor finally reached my brain several weeks ago, and the result was my dragging my old Trek hybrid out of storage, dusting off the cobwebs, and hitting the roads. It didn't take more than a couple of rides to rekindle the joys of 30 year ago, when I was living in the foothills of the Bavarian alps and putting in 100+miles weekly on my Peugeot road bike. I'm having a blast, dropping the excess pounds, recovering energy and endurance, and slowly increasing milage and pace each week. I'd forgotten how much fun this is!

That said, the Trek is not the right bike for me these days. I'm firmly convinced it's time to really consider a recumbent. I've been exploring all the options on the market, but nothing seemed 'right'. Nothing, that is, until I found myself here.

A number of things about the Silvio appeal to me. The logic driving the bike's design seems compelling to me. I like the idea of being able to chose exactly the build that's right for me, component by component. Finally, I'm very impressed with the level of customer support I see here on this forum. Things like that make it a lot easier to contemplate spending close to $4k on a bike I've neither ridden nor even seen.

So here I am. I've not yet made the decision to pull the trigger, but I'm very, very tempted. I'll be checking in here often, to learn more about the bike, the build process in general, and the thoughts of current owners.

Dave, in sunny Sacramento

defjack

Zen MBB Master
There might be a Silvio in your area just ask.I really like mine its the kind of bike thats exciting to ride, I act like a roadracer on the bike path with mine it takes corners like its on rails.I say go for it. Jack