Reverse Angle of me riding V20

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
This is from my latest ride at Carrier Park, the track I will hopefully do my outdoor track Century attempt this fall.
It is so funny to watch me pedal from the front of the boom looking back.
About a 2 minute segment.
No power or cadence since my Vector NOT WORKING!!
See me pull my water bottle out, shake it, drink it and put it back.
It doesn't look like I slow down at all, but when I do it, I feel like I am..??

jond

Zen MBB Master
yes looks like you did not slow down at all larry. i stop pedalling when i reach for my hydration hose especially on the bends those handle bars look hair raising. i would imagine once you got used to them they would be fine but would not tolerate any nodding off the job. the track looks fantastic. thanks for sharing.

LarryOz

those handle bars look hair raising. i would imagine once you got used to them they would be fine but would not tolerate any nodding off the job.
Yes, they took a little getting used to. I probably would not want to ride around the town in heavy traffic, but now I am pretty used to them. They save me about 1kph over the regular drops.

the track looks fantastic.
Thanks Jon, The track is actually pretty rough. It was last touched in 1999 I think.
Lost of cracks and bumps. Grass is even growing in some of the cracks.
They are hopefully going to re-surface it later this year or the next! It will be so nice then.

jond

Zen MBB Master
Yes, they took a little getting used to. I probably would not want to ride around the town in heavy traffic, but now I am pretty used to them. They save me about 1kph over the regular drops.

Thanks Jon, The track is actually pretty rough. It was last touched in 1999 I think.
Lost of cracks and bumps. Grass is even growing in some of the cracks.
They are hopefully going to re-surface it later this year or the next! It will be so nice then.
wow 1 kph is amazing add that to the helmet and wheels. amazing the little things add up. i saw your test results for your disc v the 88 and you found the 88 just as speedy. next for me is the helmet. guess i could not see the cracks due to your speedy speed. will be great on the new surface. hope they do it before your attempt. you should be asleep by the way. :)

Last edited:

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Great smooth riding with just narrow handle bars!
Can you ride around an oval track with no hands and only using your legs?

LarryOz

Great smooth riding with just narrow handle bars!
Can you ride around an oval track with no hands and only using your legs?
I have been able to slightly lift my hands off the bars only for a second or two, so no , on the no-hands.
Don't know if I will ever be able to do that. :(
I have found however that I do not have to have a death grip on the bar, which helps a lot.
Just a nice relaxed touch is about all it needs (until I hit one of those dumb "cracks", oh yeah and the "bump" about every 42 seconds.