Ride of The Valkerie: Lake Tahoe on a Vendetta V20

Coda

image.jpg image.jpg

The race organizers got a couple of pictures of me riding and a local bakery paid for advertising so they were free. image.jpg
The next day dawned to spectacular cloud formations as we dropped off the mountain toward Carson City. image.jpg

The high plains scenery was austere. The auquaduct was kind of neat though. image.jpg image.jpg
Perry handled the first 9.5 hours of the drive. Gave me time to collect my thoughts and begin sorting the pieces. It helped me come to grips with everything that happened. image.jpg
Spent most of the day going into and out of emotional tunnels and construction zones. image.jpg
Took over the driving when we hit I5 near Eugene. From there it was just a hard push on cruise control. We swapped one last time at a gas station in Kelso and Perry brought us home. Not the lights of Reno, but the lights of Redmond never looked so inviting. Perry dropped me off and Laura was up waiting for me. It was good to be home.
image.jpg
And I came to a decision. I am going to work to earn one of these. We fight this disease together. I want to share what I've learned with other T1d riders. The JDRF needs a coach who lays down on the job. :rolleyes:

jond

Zen MBB Master
very very special abbott. who can say how you inspired that young fella and what he might be because of your kindness. cycling mate of mine has type 1 here in aust. it has never stopped Ben achieving some incredible goals including a 410klm audax at 28.1 klm / hr with 7000m vertical ascent. . i will pass on your wonderful story to him . he like me will be sure to get a real kick out of it.