Ride South Recumbents

I must confess I fully intended to purchase this very nice Silvio from Layne and drove around 6 hours to check it out, but at the last minute I was swayed by a Bacchetta dealer in his area. I now own a Giro 26 ATT (700c) and sometime in the future I may regret not buying this Silvio at this great price , but for now I feel it will be challenging enough for a newbie to recumbents like me to ride a more tractable bike than a MBB. I have nothing but praise for Layne who was most gracious about the loss of the sale.
Maybe in the future I will reach the limits of the Bacchetta and long for something faster. I will definitely keep the Silvio in mind.

castlerobber

Zen MBB Master
I got into recumbents by way of a used tadpole trike 10 years ago. Took it to Jim at Ride South for a tune-up and accessories. He tried for at least a year to get me to buy a Bacchetta Ti Aero with 700c wheels. I'm 5'5"--that wasn't going to happen.

hurri47

I plan to be in Jackson about a month from now, and I'll probably visit RideSouth. Thanks for the warning about Salesman Jim. (Just kidding. I have heard only good things about RideSouth. It's one of the reasons I want to see Jackson on my way east this summer.)

-Dan

ReklinedRider

Zen MBB Master
All kidding aside it's a great store. Jim is one of the top Bacchetta dealers in the US and probably the world, and an exceptional rider himself. And despite my jibe about his sales abilities (which are in point of fact exceptional as well!) he's one heck of a great guy.