Rumor has it...

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
I was surpised when news reached my ears of some interesting changes a foot in the next batch of Silvio's. I am not a certified spiller of the beans and I have not verified info..... But perhaps we will get some announcements soon about what's coming up. I have a feeling we'll see some interesting new build photos in September.

Jeremy S

Dude
Hmm....
If this is true, then

Hmm....

If this is true, then what are you getting if you pre-order now? The product page lists a Silvio 2.0 frameset with specific features and enhancements over previous versions. If there are any major changes I'd hope they'd be announced well before these bikes ship. I can't be the only one who wouldn't want to be surprised by my multi-thousand-dollar purchase.

BentAero

But wouldn't that be in the

But wouldn't that be in the category of 'pleasant surprise'?
I can't imagine John making any changes that would NOT be an improvement over the current platform.

Jeremy S

Dude
Why keep secrets? If

Why keep secrets? If something "pleasant" is coming, tell the customers so they'll order it.

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
I'm assuming, the bike would

I'm assuming, the bike would not be as big a change as the 1.5 to the 2.0, as it's still called the 2.0.

Hopefully John will chime in and give some hints!!

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
Why keep secrets? If

Why keep secrets? If something "pleasant" is coming, tell the customers so they'll order it.
I agree, maybe they are still working out details and nothing is final yet.

iow

there seems to have been a

there seems to have been a large change in price - vendetta is now cheaper than the silvio.
to be fair, i could never work out why the silvio was significantly cheaper, unless the V bore the R&D costs..

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
Worse than Apple

Bladderhead: "I haven't even got mine working properly and there's a new one.

Worse than Microsoft Apple."

Fixed that for you.

I'll gladly take that problem Silvio off your hands. ;-)

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
Here's My Guess

If I had to take a guess at something new happening with the Silvio, this is it:
  • Silvio 3.0
  • Carbon fiber frame and seat
  • Adjustable seat angle
  • Matte finish with striking new graphics (bye-bye Model T black)
  • Front suspension (KindShock) fork is gone
  • NEW carbon fiber fork with internal routing/wire chase (for Di2 fans)
  • Boom will closely mimic that of the Vendetta
  • Optional Maria Parker autograph on a prominent area of the frame

And for the biggest news...all of you that bought a 2.0 will be figuring on how you're going to explain to your significant other that you need a new bike. :)

iow

i'm thinking along similar

i'm thinking along similar lines as you andrew. which would mean the cruzbike line-up could be rationalised, with the new bike taking the place of both the vendetta and silvio....

Charles.Plager

Recumbent Quant
For what it's worth, I would

For what it's worth, I would guess smaller changes than what Andrew is proposing, maybe Silvio 2.5 (change of seat, graphics, but not too many other big changes).

That's my guess...

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
Hey IOW

"i'm thinking along similar lines as you andrew. which would mean the cruzbike line-up could be rationalised, with the new bike taking the place of both the vendetta and silvio...."

Do you also think that Cruzbike is running a super secret contest and is awarding a new Silvio frameset to the two lucky people who figured it out? We should definitely keep thinking that. :)

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Explain?

Andrew,

We don't explain; we just promise to never do it again; after the fact; and usually during the beating. The key factor is making sure your fingers are crossed.

Charles.Plager

Recumbent Quant
Charles,
I didn't know you

Charles,

I didn't know you were an Adele fan [Wink]__________________

I'm a huge Adele fan. When her "Rolling in the Deep" comes on the radio, my 7 year old says, "Daddy, it's your favorite song." :D