S30 fork components for free! (+shipping)

My original fork was all wonky. Got a new one. I have the bearings, cap, and bolt from the original fork that I don't need. If you want these components let me know. Just pay shipping.

Elliot

brokemyback

I have a complete fork, but no bearings etc. I thought I had a bad fork, but it was just my stupidity! Cruz nicely sent me a replacement fork. I send this one to anyone that needs it. I'll pay shipping in continental US.

Ivan_Liew

What generous Cruzbike folk! :)

Does anyone know if the newer S30 fork would fit onto my older Silvio 2.0 - it would need to be compatible not only with the aluminium frame but also the old carbon stay, especially with the new press-fit RD hanger. Don't think there was any change to the stays was there?

If it does then it would be great as I could get more hub width for my 11 speed setup, more tire clearance, and of course the newer more secure RD hanger. I would have to buy a new RD hanger from Cruzbike I suppose as it sounds like the hanger itself changed...

Doug Burton

Zen MBB Master
What generous Cruzbike folk! :)

Does anyone know if the newer S30 fork would fit onto my older Silvio 2.0 - it would need to be compatible not only with the aluminium frame but also the old carbon stay, especially with the new press-fit RD hanger. Don't think there was any change to the stays was there?

If it does then it would be great as I could get more hub width for my 11 speed setup, more tire clearance, and of course the newer more secure RD hanger. I would have to buy a new RD hanger from Cruzbike I suppose as it sounds like the hanger itself changed...
Ivan, it should fit the frame head tube ok. You might have to check the chainstay fit at the front skewer, since that arrangement has had some fiddling over time. A;so as you mention, some work with the hanger may be needed. But always get a fork if it comes up at a good price. The fork is the heart of the bike.

Ivan_Liew

I have a complete fork, but no bearings etc. I thought I had a bad fork, but it was just my stupidity! Cruz nicely sent me a replacement fork. I send this one to anyone that needs it. I'll pay shipping in continental US.

Hi Brokemyback (sorry, don't know your first name),

Gosh, I found this old thread after searching again on this topic. I should have followed up with you then but didn't. Do you still have this fork? I am thinking of changing out the front-end on my older Silvio 2.0 to make it lighter which means new fork and probably buying a chainstay from Cruzbike.

ak-tux

Zen MBB Master
If cruzbike sells the S40 fork+stays plus boom as spare units then probably it would be best to change entire front triangle of the Silvio.2.0 because the new design of the stays clamp to the BB shell and not the BB cups as before.

just my humble guess...

Ivan_Liew

Actually ...I still have it. It’s yours provided I can find where I stashed it away.

Thanks! I am emailing Cruzbike to see what parts they have, how much it costs and what it would take to swap out that front triangle and get an S30/S40 type. If your fork could be used then that would cut down costs! I just found out that S30 forks came in 2 variants - suspended and unsuspendes - which one is yours?

@ak-tux - I arched the S30 and S40 assembly videos just now. You are right that the S40 chainstay clamps to the boom but the S30 chainstay clamps to the B.B. cups like my Silvio 2. So perhaps all I need is an S30 chainstay from Cruzbike and the S30 fork from Brokemyback.

I need to find out about the S30 chainstay lengths as I want to replicate my current geometry with the Silvio 2 and my 100mm extender - boom nearly horizontal.

Last edited:

brokemyback

I found the fork buried in the garage. It has the airshock built-in. If you want it send me your shipping address.