S30 Max. Xseam advice please.

Leif

So I’ve finally decided to add a Cruzbike to the stable but I’m struggling with a V20 vs. S30 question.
In brief, I really like how the Silvio has evolved, keeping its rear suspension, losing the front suspension, and most importantly (for me) retaining the steeper seat angle.
So what’s the rub? Well, I’m 6’2” with a 47” x-seam which means I’m right at the edge of the S30’s maximum x-seam range. On the other hand, the V20's “large” option seems to easily accommodate my xseam.
Anyone else out there with similar proportions riding an S30? Is it a tight fit? Any comprimise to performance, comfort, etc.?
Of the two (awesome) bikes, I prefer the S30… should I be considering the V20 instead?

Thanks so much for any advice. Can’t wait to pull the trigger!
-Leif

ccooper

I am the same size, actually 47.5" x-seam. I recently bought an S30 with the large chainstay extension. Although Cruzbike doesn't advertise it on the site, it is available by asking. It seems to be a good fit. I have only one issue that I have not solved - the handlebars. Since my arms are also long, I find that my elbows are very bent when reaching the brifter hoods on the stock handlebars. I don't have very many riding miles yet, so I'll solve that problem later when I get more experience. For now it works well enough.

Chris

bladderhead

Zen MBB Master
Is there a lot of space between the bars and your legs? I cut the slider short (I said I cut the boom, but ReklinedRider was right, it was the slider). Thus I was able to push the bars forward without moving the B bracket.

Big decision because it is irreversible, but I still think it was a good idea, after 5000 miles.