S40 chainstays for the V20

Hi folks,

this forum was and is great, I will post more photos of my V20 build soon. As I did not find my topic, I start a post...
Anyone join me being interested for that lovely new S40 chainstay to use on their V20? My V20 is from 2015. Does anyone know of if it will fit? Reason is, I want to use a square taper BB. The affordable Sugino XD 152.5mm short cranks fit then, opening the door to the variety of 110mm 5 arm chain rings for short cranks ( below 165mm) . I also asked Gabriel but it looks like he is on vacation. (Apart from that I am eager to try the new head rest. The original one's too high for my liking. I currently try putting some pads below my neck, no final solution in sight. The moose pack sure looks good for a taking a quick tour. So does the light mount stub.)

Have fun

Ernest

BJ686

Ernest, my impression is that they will fit, as I think they were being used on the V20s on the Cruzbike RAAM team. So, it may be more of a question as to whether they are available for sale as an accessory at this point. I am also wondering if a large version will be available for sale as an accessory.

trapdoor2

Zen MBB Master
I've been trying to get the new chainstay for some time. Not sure if they're available as an accessory yet. I needed to move to a standard length chainstay on my V20 but never got a response from Cruzbike. Currently riding a "loaner" std. length chainstay of the old style.
They're very busy with the S40 and T50 sales/production. I imagine it will be a little while before the business gets back to 'normal'.

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
First hand experience... they even work on the Vendetta 2.4 so now the Vendetta has a black boom and chrome forks.

I cut my old slider too short so when the new cranks were fitted and the slider adjusted there was dangerously very little slider in the boom, :rolleyes:

I am very grateful for cruzbike helping me out. Chain stays are bolted on very firmly.

Gone is the chrome slider which is replaced with the curved slider.

Very easy to get her up to 40kph.

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
They are confirmed as coming to a cruzbike webstore near you ... but...... (there's always a butt).... there is a delay and the delay is because they are going to be better than what was on RAAM (better how?, sorry gotta trust me if you want these sort of answers to remain available.). So all those thinking about it; if you can hold out until (sorry don't know when) it's actually going to be better for you. If someone needs replacement parts because of damage the new but not better ones can only be gotten from robert; and he seems to be coming up for air now and again finally. I'm sure I saw a snarky response in defending the honor of the new S40 in the last day or so.

ak-tux

Zen MBB Master
First hand experience... they even work on the Vendetta 2.4 so now the Vendetta has a black boom and chrome forks.

Gone is the chrome slider which is replaced with the curved slider.

Very easy to get her up to 40kph.
Pictures! pictures! Pictures speak!

tiltmaniac

Zen MBB Master
They are confirmed as coming to a cruzbike webstore near you ... but...... (there's always a butt).... there is a delay and the delay is because they are going to be better than what was on RAAM (better how?, sorry gotta trust me if you want these sort of answers to remain available.). So all those thinking about it; if you can hold out until (sorry don't know when) it's actually going to be better for you. If someone needs replacement parts because of damage the new but not better ones can only be gotten from robert; and he seems to be coming up for air now and again finally. I'm sure I saw a snarky response in defending the honor of the new S40 in the last day or so.

Ratz, we have a forum problem. I hit the like button like 50 times, but it didn't take. ;)