Seat angle

Merry Christmas everyone,

Has anyone done any tests(mods) for a higher seat angle on the Silivio (33* to 40*) yet? Doug!, anyone! Just can't do 27* seat back angle, tried it on the Aero and My Neck didn't like it at all!

Santee Steve

counterpoint

Curious, too

I'm also curious as I don't have a good view ahead. I had been under the impression that it would be less obscured. But we'll see how it goes on an actual road - without brakes or shifters I haven't ben able to venture out just yet.

Ivan

Guru
Was your Aero tried without a

Was your Aero tried without a headrest? If so then definitely 27 deg would give you neck strain and wouldn't be a fair comparison to Silvio 2. I only lift my head off a few seconds at a time during certain maneuvers, and when there is a bumpy road. During those moments my neck is strained keeping my head up but it's such a short time it is not an issue. The headrest supports the weight of your head at other times.

Counterpoint, is your view blocked by handlebars or the BB? I did not want my view blocked by handlebars which is why I opted for lower bars and high BB. I find my view excellent for road traffic and upcoming potholes. While I am reclined at 27 deg, my head is supported quite upright by the headrest. BTW I recently removed the plastic fastener dial from my helmet resulting in better comfort as it tended to be right where the headrest contacted my head.

hurri47

Necks do get stronger with

Necks do get stronger with practice.

On one of my more adjustable lowracer seats, I would attach a temporary headrest every time I lowered the seat a notch. I'd leave it there for a week and then remove it. Then I'd repeat for the next lowering.

-Dan

MrSteve

Zen MBB Master
Low Forward Visibility

Weave back and forth, like those Warbird pilots do in their long-nosed fighters on airshow taxiways.
It doesn't take much... and isn't really needed on either a familiar or a windy road.

Some sacrifices are made, in the pursuit of maximum unfaired aerodynamic efficiency and
sometimes, unrestricted forward visibility is one of those sacrifices.

If your seat-recline angle is too low/shallow, you can ease the angle by adding padding
behind your shoulder blades/upper back.

Happy holidays,
-Steve

Tuloose

Guru
Santee Steve, check the

Santee Steve, check the archives for various postings on dealing with the seat angle on the Silvio 2.0.
At the bottom of the 2nd page is something on seat angle causing shoulder & neck tension.

The 27* seat angle was both with and with out headrest. I had My Aero set to 33* and that was as low as I could go. May have to find a Silvio 1.5 for the seat angle.