Seat Back Supports

TheCaki

Hi:
I did a long ride this weekend and was testing changing the angle of the seat. After some time I notice the seat was really reclined and to my surprise I realized I had damaged the top seat supports. This is the same thing that happened to Mack Murray on the thread he name "Bent seat back supports". Unfortunately I can't add the link here directin.
I removed the supports and was surprised that they are made of soft aluminum and can be bent by hand. So I'm looking for ideas on how to reengineer the supports if somebody has already done that. Some thoughts I had was two of the these on the seats and them a flat stainless steel bar to connect to the seat/support.
Any other suggestions?
Thanks

Attachments

• surface-mount-eye-for-cable-railing-sytems-72.jpg
    surface-mount-eye-for-cable-railing-sytems-72.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 19

TheCaki

Here is what I ended up doing. I found out some bimini hardware that seemed to be a good fit and also includes a quick release. I also ordered a bar of stainless steel 1/4" by 3/4" and cut and drilled it. The hardest part was the drilling of the stainless steel. Anyway, the pictures does a better work on explaining.
IMG_20170129_161624.jpg Copy of IMG_20170129_161743.jpg Copy of IMG_20170129_164723.jpg