Seat cushion comparisons

Vicki C.

T50 Trailblazer and Silvio newbie
I have now had a chance to try not only the basic seat cushion but also a Quest seat pad set and a Ventisit seat pad, thanks to a forum member who was willing to ship them to me to allow me to try them. These are my observations from having tried all three.

First, I unmercifully bashed the cushion that came with the T50 originally. While I do think that there were some issues with the stitching and placement of the velcro, and the cushions could cover the seat a little bit better, the function of the seat pad for many people may prove to be quite adequate. I learned a lot by trying the other pads. I would be interested in feedback on how many people found the basic cushion perfectly usable and comfortable.

I like the look of the Quest cushion set, but I found the foam layer quite firm, maybe a little too firm for my bottom. The fit for the T 50 is close. I think it may be good for cool weather riding for me, but I like the ventilation provided by the basic and Ventisit in our hot weather here.

The Ventisit fit the seat well and is medium density between the others. I don't know for which Cruzbike it was originally intended. I like the attachment down the center so it doesn't cover the bottle cage holes. For me it is probably preferred of the three.

I had the opportunity to purchase the pads I tried and took that opportunity.

After being so negative about the basic cushion, I felt the need for this update.

It is clear to me that regardless of the model of bike, each rider will have different tweaks for comfort, particularly of the seat recline and cushioning. I greatly appreciate the education I received about the options. Thanks to all.

Happy riding!

defjack

Zen MBB Master
This is what I did cut 3 in off struts added some high density foam floor mat in front 2/3ds of the seat pan. Now no butt pain with seat angled between 35 and 40 degrees. Harbor freight has the floor mats and angle gauge.P1010072.JPG The picture is kind of blurry but seat is at 38 degrees . Gauge only costs 5$

Last edited: