Seat Mod

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
If you were to apply each size with a range window of CM's I'd say at 178cm myself I fit the Large at about 40%. So what I mean is it's almost the perfect size but if I had to pick one way or the other the seat would be on the larger size for me rather than small. I also really think we need to focus on the seat bone to shoulder height for these as that's the more important factor here.

If I was of my same proportions but 170cm tall there's no way I'd fit a Large I'd need a med for sure.

tiltmaniac

Zen MBB Master
I use an XL, though I'm 175cm, and it might be small. When I lose weight again (as I learned on the tour now a few years back), it will be perfect.
I also have a couple other seat types I'll try when I have some additional time. For now, spending that time riding has been the way to go :)

ccf

Guru
I would like feedback for the Tribal knowledge base on the height of current Thor seat users and the size Seat you found comfortable.

I'm 178 cm, and I've been riding on a Large Thor on my S30. It comes up my back a bit higher than necessary, so like Rojo, I've thought it a bit larger than necessary but no so big that it is a problem. I hadn't thought about the weight distribution aspect of the sizing, though.

-Cliff

snilard

Guru of hot glue gun
I am 170 cm with short legs and long body. I use M sized seats from Thor and Azub. I need padding under my shoulder blades on both seats to make seat curve shallower. I think that L sized seat would be to long for me. I am slimmer compared to typical recumbent rider. I use classic version of Ventisit.

ccf

Guru
Has anyone tried fitting a Thor seat to a 2018 V20? Looks to me like the wings at the top of the frame will interfere with the ribs of the seat.

-Cliff

BJ686

Has anyone tried fitting a Thor seat to a 2018 V20? Looks to me like the wings at the top of the frame will interfere with the ribs of the seat.

-Cliff

Maybe I missed it, but I wasn't aware that the frame had "wings" at the top? I thought the frame on the new version was the same as older versions.

Gary123

Zen MBB Master
Just curious,. Has anyone gone back to stock seat after switching to thor or similar style seat. I'm wondering if I might be able to adapt to original flatter seat after getting more comfortable with the bike on the upturned seat. I probably won't go back but just curious. Thanks.

Jeffrey Palter

i'm sorry if this is too little too late, and i'm curious if any one has made comparisons between the thor sport seat and the carbon bacchetta seat? i have that on current CA3, and considering putting thor sport on v20 as i'm not been comfortable with the two piece seat on the s40...and methinks the v20 seat is quite similar...thanks for the input, folks. J