Seat Mod

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Rick great photos, and a good looking seat!
What is it's weight and Cost?
How much gap between the seat and the frame?
Could straps for a recumbent bag fit under the seat

Last edited:

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
Time to find you a real project.
Would a real project include a real Winter? If so, could I have a free-pass on this one? :D:D
What is it's weight and Cost?
How much gap between the seat and the frame?
Thanks SS...
Cost for Carbon Fiber is $165 + $35-shipping or $65 + 35-shipping for Fiberglass.
Thor claims 510 grams for the CF Sport-G.
On my setup there is about an 1". I can reduce that by using a smaller rubber mount in the back, which would create a lower seat angle. I may lower the seat angle in the Spring.

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
...forgot to mention - I did my first ride using the seat a couple of days (17 miles). I like that I have more shoulder-neck support, I need it, and also a little more lumbar support for my lower back. The medium seat fits me pretty darn well. The current angle is slightly lower than the Volae seat, which I'm okay with, less pressure on my arse and lower back.

VenRiderGuy

Rick, if you wouldn't mind, did the rubber mount material come with the seat, and if not, from where did you obtain it? Thanks.....

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
from where did you obtain it?
I purchase a hard dense rubber block off eBay (it’s normally used by jewelers). It’s extremely dense, but easy to work with using your normal array of garage tools – drill, saw, sander. It’s also easily formed using sandpaper. I cut it, drilled 2 holes in, and then rounded the ends to follow the lines of the underside of the CF seat. This is what I mounted the front of the seat to. I cut it think enough so that the seat once mounted and bolted, the ribs will clear the “seat mount wings” by about an 1/8″-1/4″

VenRiderGuy

I purchase a hard dense rubber block off eBay (it’s normally used by jewelers). It’s extremely dense, but easy to work with using your normal array of garage tools – drill, saw, sander. It’s also easily formed using sandpaper. I cut it, drilled 2 holes in, and then rounded the ends to follow the lines of the underside of the CF seat. This is what I mounted the front of the seat to. I cut it think enough so that the seat once mounted and bolted, the ribs will clear the “seat mount wings” by about an 1/8″-1/4″
Thanks, Rick.

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
New seat on it's way from Poland. This will be an very upright seat for the Silvio, as I mentioned above. Just hoping and crossing my fingers, my wife may be attracted to it on the Silvio. Then throw on the TTRIKE conversion?

Carier-seat.jpg

LMT

Great to see these seat threads so many thanks gents. IME the Metabike seat is by far the most comfortable seat I've rode in, I know the dealer who is based in the UK so I may have a word...

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
I know the dealer who is based in the UK so I may have a word...
It would be interesting to know who their seat source is. Yes I agree about the Metabike seat being most comfortable. The Thor seat mimics the Metabike seat, other than the front lip area - it seemed to be a combination of the Thor G and GS models. I'm finding the Thor, is as comfortable as the Metabike seat.

LMT

It would be interesting to know who their seat source is. Yes I agree about the Metabike seat being most comfortable. The Thor seat mimics the Metabike seat, other than the front lip area - it seemed to be a combination of the Thor G and GS models. I'm finding the Thor, is as comfortable as the Metabike seat.

It's the UK dealer, David at Laid Back Bikes in Edinburgh.

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
Time to find you a real project.
Okay still looking for a real project...But got the Thor Carrier seat mounted to the Silvio, it's close to stock angle. Just got word from Bart over at Ventisit seat pads, that a pad is in production to fit the Carrie seat and will be read as soon as next week. Until then I mounted one of my other Ventisit pads on the Carrie seat which looks a bit funky, but it works for now.

Here are a few photos of the bikes both sporting Thor seats.

Cruzbike-Seat-3.jpg

Cruzbike-Seat-5.jpg

Cruzbike-Seat-2.jpg

Cruzbike-Seat-7.jpg

Cruzbike-Seat-13.jpg

Cruzbike-Seat-11.jpg Cruzbike-Seat-10.jpg