Seat Mod

snilard

Guru of hot glue gun
Rick, have you weighted the seat? I was e-mailing with Grzegorz and he send me different numbers for M size sport model.

VenRiderGuy

Doug, I like the Thor GS seat, it fits me well and is comfortable.
Rick, a bit of clarification if you would.....In the quote you mentioned the GS (Easy) seat, but earlier you mentioned getting the G (Sport) for your Vendetta. I am currently torn between deciding on the G or the GS for my Vendetta. I'm more interested in comfort than max speed and low wind resistance. So, did you go with the G (that's what appears to be the case from your photos) or the GS for your Vendetta, and if you went with the G, did you ever consider the GS for your Vendetta?

Thanks for your postings here....very informative and very helpful.

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
Rick, have you weighted the seat? I was e-mailing with Grzegorz and he send me different numbers for M size sport model.
I did weigh the Sport G carbon fiber, and remember it was pretty close as what's posted on the site, give or take. I seem to recall it being about a one pound.
Rick, a bit of clarification if you would.....In the quote you mentioned the GS (Easy) seat, but earlier you mentioned getting the G (Sport) for your Vendetta. I am currently torn between deciding on the G or the GS for my Vendetta. I'm more interested in comfort than max speed and low wind resistance. So, did you go with the G (that's what appears to be the case from your photos) or the GS for your Vendetta, and if you went with the G, did you ever consider the GS for your Vendetta?

Thanks for your postings here....very informative and very helpful.
Sorry for the confusion. I purchased and mounted the Sport G carbon fiber. I would recommend the Sport G carbon fiber seat or the Hostel Shoppe Volae Comfort Carbon seat for the Vendetta. I have both and prefer the Sport G. They are both comfortable. The Sport G is a little more aero but has a wider shoulder area and fits the Aero bags quite well and is $200 shipped to US.

Last edited:
SS, I must say, I do look better from behind than from the front :D:D:D!

Under 20 miles, we (in Northern CA) are getting a lot more rain (or wet days) than what has been normal, so my rides on the Vendetta and Silvio are limited to dry sky's. But yes the seat/pad combo is almost too comfortable.
Really wet December. Cleared to ride on December 5th and haven't been able to get out yet due to my schedule and the weather.:mad: This weekend is supposed to be cold and dry. :) Time to take SigrD out to play on the trail.

Robert O

I'm just lucky enough to work 4 10 hr days. When the weather warms up again, I'll probably be posting more rides, maybe you can come on down!

Bruce B

Rick,
I have an order in for the Thor Sport G seat in medium.
Is this the seat pad you ordered for this seat?
Ventisit 91x26/24/26 cm (ICE. Raptobike. Performer. Optima. Steintrikes. Nazca . AZUB. Challenge. Toxy.)

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
Rick,
I have an order in for the Thor Sport G seat in medium.
Is this the seat pad you ordered for this seat?
Ventisit 91x26/24/26 cm (ICE. Raptobike. Performer. Optima. Steintrikes. Nazca . AZUB. Challenge. Toxy.)
Bruce, I purchase this pad from Hostel Shoppe:

http://hostelshoppe.com/VENTISIT-Seat-Pad-HP-Velotechnik-Comfort-174701/

The Ventisit seat pad makes sure your back doesn't get wet during your recumbent bike trips. The Ventisit's open structure breaths effectively. The seat pad is very comfortable due to its suspension, which is noticeable, but not too soft. It is a joy for your back. As you bike, you simply stay dry and comfortable. Non-slip coating and Velcro attachment included on all new pads.

• Fits HP Velotechnik BodyLink Seats 34.6" x 12.2/9.8/11" x 1.2" (88x31/25/28x3 cm)
  • Comfort Thickness

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
Matej, not on a Cruzbike, but on other recumbents. My personal preference is the thicker pad over the thinner.

However, Bob has tested both on his vast collection of Cruzbikes :D!

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Matej, not on a Cruzbike, but on other recumbents. My personal preference is the thicker pad over the thinner.

However, Bob has tested both on his vast collection of Cruzbikes :D!

Silvio I prefer thin,
On the rest of the bikes: comfort

It does affect leg reach and boom settings if you swap them out.

I have the new design flat bottom ones for the new V20's. Not sure if I'lll prefer those to the rounded bottom ones; breaking one in on the trainer now.

IMG_5068.JPG IMG_5067.JPG

Robert O

Silvio I prefer thin,

It does affect leg reach and boom settings if you swap them out.

I have the new design flat bottom ones for the new V20's. Not sure if I'lll prefer those to the rounded bottom ones; breaking one in on the trainer now.

View attachment 2188 View attachment 2189
That's interesting. I bought a Comfort V20 cushion directly from Ventisit last month, it has the rounded bottom profile. It projects beyond the end of the seat shell, I like that it keeps the backs of my thighs from coming into contact with the edge of the shell when I'm stopped.

snilard

Guru of hot glue gun
Silvio I prefer thin,
Is it big difference in comfort? I use thin on all my bikes and never tested thicker version. I am OK with thin on my RWD homebuild, but on V I would appreciate more dumping.