Seat Mod

Bruce B

My new Thor Sport G (medium) seat has been installed on my Red Vendetta. I used the method described by Rick using two hard rubber supports for the seat. Both of these are about 70mm x 25mm x 15mm. Both required some minor working to make them fit. When finished a Dollar Bill would slide between the seat and the frame. The seat was topped with a Ventisit Comfort Model pad.

IMG_0630.jpg IMG_0637.jpg

The headrest is from ICE. The two vertical rods were shortened about 25mm as I mounted the headrest very close to the top of the seat.

IMG_0632.jpg

My BentUp Cycle Bag was a perfect fit over the headrest and down over the seat. The anchor strap goes around the rear upper brake mount to secure the bag.
IMG_0647.jpg

The very compact red Dinotte light was mounted last.
IMG_0650.jpg

The first ride with the new seat and seat pad was this afternoon. The lumbar support is excellent. The seat holds my upper back in a gentle curve so my neck is more gently flexed. The concave design of the lower part of the seat pan is really comfortable and more secure feeling. The thicker Ventisit pad just tops it all.

No adjustments to the drive train were made today. I want time and distance on the bike before changing anything.

I thank everyone who has contributed to this thread. A lot of great ideas made the whole job easier.

Attachments

• IMG_0636.jpg
    IMG_0636.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_0636.jpg
    IMG_0636.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 117

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
Nice job Bruce.

That's the new ICE headrest, looks much more comfortable than it predecessor. It works like a sling for the neck.

ReklinedRider

Zen MBB Master
Very nice indeed.

Bruce, are the ribs on the underside of your Thor far enough apart that the seat mounts on the frame under the seat pan fit between the ribs?

What did you bolt the seat to at the upper end?

I think my neck rest is as good as it's going to get; I will give it a few hundred more miles but I'm steadily gaining interest in the Official Rick Youngblood Solution :)

super slim I still owe you those neck rest pics, I haven't forgotten!

Last edited:

Bruce B

"Bruce, are the ribs on the underside of your Thor far enough apart that the seat mounts on the frame under the seat pan fit between the ribs?

What did you bolt the seat to at the upper end?"

IMG_0673.jpg IMG_0635.jpg
Thanks Kline,

The photos show the space between the ribs and the edge of the frame so that is not a worry.

In the right photo the rubber mounting block just shows above the fuzzy Velco cover I made to cover the end of the frame.

The left photo does not show the block well but the bolts go through the seat , the rubber block, two washers and through the frame.
I used two sets of washers on the back bolts and a single set on the front bolts so that the seat is suspended between the rubber blocks.

Attachments

• IMG_0662.jpg
    IMG_0662.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 64

MrSteve

Zen MBB Master
"The left photo does not show the block well but the bolts go through the seat , the rubber block, two washers and through the frame.
I used two sets of washers on the back bolts and a single set on the front bolts so that the seat is suspended between the rubber blocks
."
~ Bruce B.

Superb!
This is the way you mount plastic items onto metal frames... I mean, this IS how it is done.

Back when I was paid to ride motorcycles, this is one of two methods that were used to mount the prototype aftermarket
fairings and saddlebags.
It works extremely well.
Good job, Bruce.

t.c103

I was looking at ventisit.nl to find a seatpad for the Thor sport but couldnt find one...
Is the Thor seat similar to some other seat that can be found on the ventiseat list?

t.c103

I am 1.75 and was recomended M size by Greg the owner of Thor seats. Model Sport G
Unfortunally there are no Carrier seat for low seatangles....

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Yes that's correct. I'm giving you what I used so you can reference the dimensions Thor gives the Lrg vs Med and you can pick a shorter pad then mine based on the difference. Take note that the Med Thor may be slightly wider then the Lrg so look for that as well.

mzweili

Guru
That's what the Thor Sport G size M looks like with a Ventisit pad SKU 1191 on my Silvio 2
Ride is very comfortable with the ADEM headrest

Attachments

• IMG_1520.JPG
    IMG_1520.JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_1521.JPG
    IMG_1521.JPG
    111.4 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_1522.JPG
    IMG_1522.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_1523.JPG