seat pad question

Ivan_Liew

See!!?!? Everyone extols Ventisit virtues. I'm gonna find some fellow Singaporean bent riders to share shipping charges and order a few Ventisits. Now I just gotta decide between Comfort and Classic, but I am leaning towards Classic (standard) as it's cheaper/lighter and I am not uncomfortable on the stock seats. Since Insspector Ratz has both and recommends Classic for the Silvio, this sways me that direction even further.

Super humid and hot where I am. No matter what seat I am on, I am dripping after a solid ride...

Is anyone using the Ventisit headrest pads on Silvio or Vendetta? If you search "Cruzbike" on the Ventisit website you get a hit for the 15x10x4 pad. What do you think?
http://www.ventisit.nl/en/?view=ecwid#!/~/search/keywords=cruzbike&offset=0&sort=relevance
178458228.jpg

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
Hi Ivan,

I got the comfort ventisit seat pad. By 9am it was 29c so its hot where I am. I get up when the flies start to fly (sleep on the terrace) so I don't need an alarm as I get a buzz around my head. I get straight out on the V whilst its cool. So its not really a heat issue with the seat. You have to decide if the roads near you are awful or great. If they are smooth as silk and you have pumped up 23mm race tyres then you wont need the comfort. Where I live the roads are awful and your teeth almost shatter and your eyes rattle about your skull I would suggest the comfort and different tyres. LOL

Cruzbiker

I live in Rio de Janeiro and ride on a Ventisit. It is a must have in hot climates.
But for bare skin it is not friendly; it scratches me when I ride just wearing my swimming trunks. Thus the headrest might not feel confortable on your neck skin. You might have to add a cover to it.