Seattle Area Bent UberMeet (SEABUM) - focus Cruzbike T50

Lief

Guru Schmuru
I made an event on Facebook today - my first ever.
Invited folks in a local Bent group I'm a member of.

But...the fact of the matter is most T50 owners are here - so I'll paste my facebook event here too.

Send me a note if you plan on coming and I'll make sure to get you the details as they form.

---
Sunday September 10th, I'm planning to lead an effort in the Seattle area to support new Cruzbike T50 owners (or anyone who wants a chance to learn to ride a CRUZBIKE ).

I'm sure there will be a ride - and anyone is welcome BTW - maybe I'll even hook up a BBQ; but a primary goal is to support new T-50 owners.

Anyone want to show off how they built up their T-50?
Anyone want help getting fit to their new T-50?
Anyone want to just hang out?

Lief

Guru Schmuru
hey @ratz - you wanna coordinate a similar event around MN somewhere?
Anyone else interested?

We could do a virtual meetup? maybe a brief "hangout" via phone just for fun?
OR maybe coordinate something on Strava?

Just some ideas for fun.
oh - and @Joshwhite (just got a Sofrider the other day) you said you wanted the details. :)

Any good places to meet?
Maybe one of the parks on Mercer Island?
We could have a group ride around the island?

Joshwhite

Lid park on Mercer Island might be good. I'm definitely down Lief! Also, which local bent group are you visiting on Facebook? I need to join asap ;)

Lief

Guru Schmuru
@josh - I'll send you an invite.
More thought - since this is a focus on new riders the ride around merger island might be too much. @Bill K has a good idea about the safe streets thing near Seward Park but the 10th is my only good option.

The little trail around Seward park however is perfect too - there are public restrooms, a very steep hill nearby for the adventurous and the ride along the lake is still pretty good even when there is traffic if anyone wants to "go long" and hit the island anyway.

Joshwhite

Sounds great. Thanks for the invite to the Facebook page! I can't wait to attend this event. I'm hoping there is a Vendetta there that I can check out now that I'm used to FWD. I might invite a few friends as well.

BentSk8r

Please send an invite, just cause, since I will be out of the country but it's always nice to be inloopified. There's a T50 at home calling weakly through the box to the V but it's going to be a while before they can meet in the flesh. Have fun and I'll hope to get together in the fall.

BentSk8r

Yes, indeed I did. Still feeling guilty riding (having an affair with) Gary's beautiful build. Slowly becoming worthy of such a spirited steed.

MAJOR55

Don't have a bike right now, as I sold my Softrider to Josh, but I would love to come take a look. I would also like to see you folks take on some of the hills in the area, as that has always been somewhat of a concern for me with a recumbent

Joshwhite

Don't have a bike right now, as I sold my Softrider to Josh, but I would love to come take a look. I would also like to see you folks take on some of the hills in the area, as that has always been somewhat of a concern for me with a recumbent

I'll be there if you want to ride your old bike ;) I moved the handlebars and seat a bit but otherwise it's unchanged. I've got a few hundred miles on it already. Can't wait to ride a Vendetta again. :)

Ed Hong

I'm thinking about attending in the afternoon (can't make morning).
Will you have a more detailed time schedule about what time you plan to do things? I would hate to drop by and not find anyone because you're all on a ride at that exact time.

I bought a used Silvio last year, and have really been enjoying it, though it took some work to get into ridable condition. Trying out a T50 could be fun.

-Ed

Lief

Guru Schmuru
@Ed Hong, I don't plan to abandon the park totally that day - folks may go for a ride but I'll be around to support folks dropping in and kibbitz about the bikes.

I'll have a QX100 for test riding for sure. My T50 is, sad to say, still a frameset in a box.
So I'll be taking the opportunity to ask anyone else questions about their T50.

@Joshwhite wants to ride a Vendetta so I'll have that there for experienced riders that can fit it and I'll probably have my original Silvio (for a form factor comparison with the new S40.)

I'll send you my cell phone number so you can call/text if you like on Sunday.

I'm thinking about attending in the afternoon (can't make morning).
Will you have a more detailed time schedule about what time you plan to do things? I would hate to drop by and not find anyone because you're all on a ride at that exact time.

I bought a used Silvio last year, and have really been enjoying it, though it took some work to get into ridable condition. Trying out a T50 could be fun.

-Ed

Lief

Guru Schmuru
I should also mention that I took delivery of some cruzbike hats, shirts and stickers.

My (one and only) plan is to have some targets for folks:

* first time successful rider (we can define success any number of ways) gets a hat.
* successful ascent of S Juneau St up to Seward Park ave S gets a Cruzbike T-shirt.
* anybody willing to come out or good questions from passersby get a sticker.

Looking forward to it!