Seattle Area Cruzbike Test Ride

Meet Paul Shermanimage.jpeg
Paul is an accomplished recumbent rider. I met Paul on the Skagit Spring Classic earlier this year and we talked about SigrD. He's been wanting to test ride a Cruzbike for some time. Lief made the arrangements and Duncan & I answered the call. image.jpeg

It was a blast watching him first on Lief's Silvio 1.0 & then on the two Vendetta 2.0s. (SigrD is set up for me and he couldn't reach the pedals.) Took him all of about 30 seconds to get the hang of it. image.jpeg
After about thirty minutes of riding and talking about the various bikes and their setups we were ready to roll out onto the Centennial Trail. Paul's wife snapped a picture of us as a group. image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Another serious recumbent rider from the Seattle area , Tim Turner, met us on the trail. Of course he had to take a spin on the Vendetta. This was his third time on the bikes. Love his take on the Vendetta. "Now that is a serious bike." He's not getting an argument from me. image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    135.3 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
Thanks for the photos Abbott - especially enjoyed the group shot. Would love to get my butt up there and ride with you guys some day...for me...that would be like a 10 year old going to Disney World for the very first time.

Paul Sherman

Absolutely blown away by the people you meet on a Cruz. What a terrific bunch of guys, Tim, too. I loved the Vendetta and was impressed with it's speed. I caught a fast DR rider and was on my small chainring. It's a little scary, actually. Looking forward to my first ride where I don't wobble.

I found if I just relaxed the bike knew how to stay up all by itself. It will take a bit to get confident in traffic, I'm not worried.
Paul, the easiest way I can think of to explain it is to watch a child first learning to ride a bike. They experience all the things we do learning to ride a Cruzbike. But as adults we some times forget that the initial wobbles are just part of the curve.