Short Distance Time Trials

currystomper

Hi Folks

Has any one tried short distance Time trialing on a Cruzbike? I'm think about standard short distance courses of 10 and 25 miles. This leads to some interesting questions.

I'm wondering people think the performance difference would be between a Silivo 2 and Vendeta??

What a the best handle bar configuration for maximum power (wide bars to add arm power??)

I have been time trialing this year on a standard diamond frame Wilier road bike and just about acheving evens (20mph on flat road), so that's 30 min for a std 10 mile ride - conventional wisdom says that a std time trial bike would take a minute off of my time - how much faster would a silivo be.??

Anyway I plan to find out how fast a Silivo is later in the year/early next year on some of the local courses in scotland that I've TTed on.

CS

I haven't done any time

I haven't done any time trials, but for what it's worth, in my Cyclemeter iPhone app...

I've got 32 DF rides, for a total of 1600 miles, averaging 15.7mph
I've got 55 Silvio rides, for a total of 2540 miles, averaging 17.2mph.

I don't ride the DF anymore, but my Silvio average speed is steadily increasing. If I just look at this year, the Silvio average is 17.6mph. I would guess TT speeds would show a more dramatic difference.

In a few months, I should be able to add some Vendetta numbers to the mix. My V frame should be arriving any day now!

currystomper

That's interesting - so at

That's interesting - so at least two miles an hour on a Mk I silivo - the mk II has greater recline so maybe its good for a bit more too.

Jim Gerwing

V2 TT

I am the proud owner of a new Vendetta.
During the winter I have been on a Quest on rollers.
I did a few brief runs outdoors on the Quest: 6.5km@31km/hr and same course different day, 33km/hr.
My first serious try on the Vendetta yielded 34km/hr, same course same distance.
Today, I lengthened my course to 16.2km and produced an average speed of 37km/hr.
My personal best, last year on a DF, was 41.5km/hr average speed over one hour.
It's early in the season, I'm inexperienced on the vendetta and I have yet to clip in so there is lots of room for improvement.

I wonder how Eric is doing today?

JG