Silly Silvio - you're not a mountain bike!

Exiting my neighborhood on a bike can be risky. There are ghost bikes chained to posts close to both entrances of my neighborhood that connect to the same, rather dangerous street. There are back ways, however. One of them is a field that used to be a farm. Some kindly person mows a track through this field for bikers and walkers so we can bypass the deathtrap. It's been raining every afternoon all week, and again last night. As you can imagine, there are ruts, puddles, and very slick grass through this path that is the width of someone's push mower with 2-3 foot high grass or deeper mud puddles on both sides. This is NOT Silvio territory.

I had planned to take pics on the way back but got caught by the rain. I'll add them another time to prove it to the "pics or it didn't happen" crowd :)

In complete granny mode, Vibrato did fine. Only strayed off the path once and had no major mishaps crossing, but it was a unique experience on this bike.

tiltmaniac

Zen MBB Master
We chanced upon a singletrack while on the US east-coast tour a couple (few?) weeks back. It had rained the day before, so the trail was a bit slick.
Managed to do most of it without getting off or walking. My partner, who was on a traditional touring bike had to stop and walk 3 times more (I'm not counting portaging across the two streams.. that just doesn't count ;) )

I took pictures of the singletrack, I hope to remember to post them somewhere when I'm back home.

Silly Silvio. You're not horse-powered. You've got 1 wheezy manpower.
11428805_108337769505972_2054067208_n.jpg