silvio 1.5 - pictures?

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
Here you can see one short

Here you can see one short and one tall person. Silvio fits both.

In this picture you can see Silvio is adjusted for the tall man.
tol%20515sml.jpg

In the second picture you can see moments later, the bike is adjusted for the short woman.

tol%20516sml.jpg

We have now available an extention for the chainstay, that lifts the crank up for taller people. Extension sizes are 100mm and 150mm. You can see the curved boom, which opens up space for the FD to sit behind it. The FD is now mounted on a stalk, not on the boom, so any adjustments to the leg length do not alter the FD chain relationship. The drive unit now completely part of the chainstay, as it is with Vendetta.

IMG_2039.jpg

The slider now slides on the outside of the boom, so is a larger diameter and better carries rider's upper body effort. This is another lesson from Vendetta now rolled into the Silvio design.

There is also a redesigned slider clamp, that holdes the slider to the top of the fork. Previously this was a sleeve that bolted clamp on the slider at one end and was mounted with a pair of arms at the other end to a through bolt allowing pivoting on the head tube. Those two bolts are now combined into one in the new design, so assembly is simpler.

The main difference to the riding experience comes through improved stiffness in the boom which delivers power better, expecially for strong and very strong riders. And tall riders can improve their aero with the chainstay extension, which will retro fit on all Silvios as well as on the new 1.5. The rear of the frame is completely unchanged.

dalehough

Silvio 1.5

The 1.5 doesn't look any different the boom has been changed to fit more riders.I am still waiting for mine.

randyspann

Changes

Wow! Looks really great. I'll be looking forward to ordering the chainstay extension. But I think I will pass on the hot pink wheels and bar tape ;)

WhiteSilvio

Chainstay Extension

Just wondering if the chainstay extension(s) will work on a Silvio 0.0?
regular_smile.gif

I am interested in raising the BB relative to the seat, getting feet and legs up higher.

My Silvio, being one of the original pilot run, only has the two sets of holes for mounting the chainring derailleur, complicated further by the fact that that mounting plate was welded in upsidedown (or back to front, can't remember now). I compensated for this by drilling and tapping two new threaded mounting holes in roughly the "correct" location, which has worked for now.

If I put in an extension, what are the chances of getting the chainring derailleur to work with the holes a I have?

Regards,
John

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
wow. Talk about a sexy bike.

wow. Talk about a sexy bike. I really hope that Santa brings me one this year!

3WHELZ

Guru
Silvio 1.5 Design Change

From my perspective, it is an improved design change. The FD is being mounted on a stalk rather than the boom would eliminate the mod that I had previously posted. The only other improvement I could forsee would be to lighten the front boom. Maybe a 2,0 design change?

mickjordan

Bag behind seat

Firecraker asked this earler but there was no reply. I'm looking for a behind the seat bag, e.g. for holding a camelbak reservoir, for endurance rides. There is no such accessory listed on the website so I'm anxious for recommendations for something that will fit behind the Silvio seat.

3WHELZ

Guru
Alternative - Bag under the seat

Here is an alternative that I have found to store just about anything you need, but a floor pump. I used Velcro to secure it to the seat pan.

thebean

Nice picture!  I wonder how

Nice picture! I wonder how the adjustment works with a triple? John, I would love to see some polished chrome on the Silvio like the Vendetta.