Silvio 2.0 Adjustments

BentBierz

I have searched on the forums here and by Goggling and still can't find an answer that makes sense to me regarding boom adjustments. Specifically, I am trying to figure out the procedure for getting more knee clearance. Reading the manual it seems that the way to do it would be to loosen the ring clamps and skewer and then adjust using the boom clamp. If I only want to increase the cockpit i.e. bring the handlebars a little closer to my body, why would I need to loosen the ring clamps and skewer? It seems like I would leave these tight and then loosen both the boom and the slider clamp, pull the handlebars closer and then tighten these back up. I'm sure I must be missing something.

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
I was thinking about that

I was thinking about that same thing while going through my adjustments.

I think I have it down to three options. To get more knee clearance.

1) Lengthen the boom; and then slide the entire works closer to you to compensate for the foot position change.
2) Alternatively use shorter cranks and lengthen the boom but live it in it's current position relative to you seated position.
3) change the handle bars

Nanda Holz

Loosen everything

Mark the boom on the headset clamp (it slides too easily once loosened with all the weight at the other end) with some tape, loosen the headset boom clamp and lower boom clamp, FD cable anchor bolt, bb band clamps and open the front quick release (no reason to worry about preloading the carbon left spring while making adjustments). Raise the hbars up the desired amount (hopefully you left enough cable length), align hbars and push the crank out with your heel till you get straight leg lock. Then tighten the lower boom clamp, tighten bb band clamps, close quick release and pull FD cable tight and tighten the FD anchor bolt and check FD shifting operation...done :)

BentBierz

"Mark the boom on the headset

"Mark the boom on the headset clamp (it slides too easily once loosened with all the weight at the other end) with some tape, loosen the headset boom clamp and lower boom clamp, FD cable anchor bolt, bb band clamps and open the front quick release (no reason to worry about preloading the carbon left spring while making adjustments). Raise the hbars up the desired amount (hopefully you left enough cable length), align hbars and push the crank out with your heel till you get straight leg lock. Then tighten the lower boom clamp, tighten bb band clamps, close quick release and pull FD cable tight and tighten the FD anchor bolt and check FD shifting operation...done [Smile]"

Thanks Nanda...it seems to be as I assumed i.e. any adjustment you make is going to affect pedal reach...this is not clearly spelled out in the manual yet is critical in setting up these unusual bikes.