Silvio 2.0 Build Diary

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
For those that are interested I am doing a photo build diary on my Silvio 2.0 over at BROL to get this wonderful bike a little more pub. When I am done there will be a hi res PDF created which I will post here. In the mean time if you are interested in following along here is the link

If you spot any screw ups let me know so I can fix them.

Silvio 2.0 -- Build Diary

-bob

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
Wow, amazing documentation

Wow, amazing documentation work, ratz. Thanks for such a complete and detailed report.

Question, is there room for the segmented cable housings to run under the boom and over the pivot clamp?

ratz

Cable Routing

Glad you like it, the bike is a piece of art that makes it easy to photograph. Once I finish proof reading; correcting typos and incorrect info we'll get the PDF built and posted.

Yes it should fit under the boom. The diameter of the link cable is about halfway between brake cable and shifter cable housing, it is tight, but with 4 cables run through it they should stay nicely.

I started out by routing the FD cable that way but noticed that the aluminum was going to rub on the boom; and make noise. There are rubber covers to prevent the rubbing. It is a little fiddly to feed through and I was having problems getting the Front Derailleur dialed in which had me redoing it many times until I tried Andrews liner idea. After looking at it for a while I decide to go around the clamp for the time being; until I figure out the exact boom adjustments (The extension is a test and may not stay). That just made the set up and tuning easier for now.

Once I get everything 100% dialed in I will likely unbolt the boom and tuck them under it. A small piece of chain slap guard adhered to be boom should quiet and metal on metal rubbing noise.

ratz

Confirmed

I was working on adjustments so I ran the cable over the pivot clamp and under the boom. All four do indeed fit. However the link gaps do catch on the protrusions in the plastic bracket. (I'm always surprised that plastic is strong enough for that part). If you want to adjust the boom it would be best to completely disconnect from the pivot clamp and reposition as the cables will not slide easily forward and back. Under normal riding situations thought once it is all situated it works fine and looks nice. We will take some revised photos and put those into the PDF.

ratz

Not yet but we will

Hi Andrei,

The PDF is still in the plans. We were waiting for the Cockpits to stabilized throughout the bull horn testing. That's done now and after 400 miles of riding I don't think they will change. So when we get a rainy weekend we will put together the pdf. In the meantime, if you are a Member of BROL then you can see the pictures "inline" with the posts; You should be able to print out the first 5 pages of the thread in "linear" mode and they will hold together nicely.