Silvio 2.0 Build

Oddfella

I'm in the same stage as Dan and need to confirm my desired running gear. For background I've had the Silvio 1.0 for 14 mths with Ultegra 10 speed, triple chain wheels and largest cog of 28t.

For the 2.0, I would like to stay with Ultegra but current specs do not have the triple.
Proposed gear is:
Ultegra DI2 R785 disc brakes, 140mm rotors, resin.
Cranks, shortest I can get, Compact 50/34
Rear derailleur: long cage (GS) Cassette 11-32
FD: braze on
Queries: Can DI2 battery be internally mounted

By reviewing the Forum it seems the 135mm Hub for discs will fit?

Thanks, Bruce
NB My have to wait for the R785 to go on sale for aftermarket use.
1. For water, I have the Veleau system, this should work well.
2. For storage, I have the Radical bags on the 1.0 which I will try out.
3. For mirrows, I have 2 Zefal Spy.

Robert Holler

Administrator
Staff member
I just finished a Silvio 2.0

I just finished a Silvio 2.0 build with disc brakes - the 135mm hub will fit but do not expect it to just slide into place - there is a bit of fork spreading involved.

But I do believe a 135mm hub is the only way to fit the front with disc brakes, as with a 130mm disc hub (like a DT Swiss 350 with swapped end cap) there is not enough clearance between the rotor and the fork tabs to fit the caliper mount.

The disc brakes work great though and look sharp!

BentBierz

"But I do believe a 135mm hub

"But I do believe a 135mm hub is the only way to fit the front with disc brakes, as with a 130mm disc hub (like a DT Swiss 350 with swapped end cap) there is not enough clearance between the rotor and the fork tabs to fit the caliper mount."

I might have misinterpreted what you were saying but my White Industries CX-11, 130mm disc hub works great.

Robert Holler

Administrator
Staff member
Larry,
Interesting. There

Larry,

Interesting. There must be a slight difference in where everything winds up between that hub and the "altered" DT Swiss 350. The spacing is just not the same. I did a bit of research and found that DT Swiss acknowledges the dust cap swap as an accepted way to get a 130mm disc hub, but that there could be clearance issues in some applications.

That WI hub since it is designed ground up as 130mm must have everything in the right place from the start.

Duly noted for future builds.

:)

Robert