Silvio 2.0 on Trunk Rack

unc99

Not sure I'd recommend this, but attached is a picture of my Silvio 2 on a trunk rack. Ended up securing the slider/boom on the rack, and it worked pretty well for a short distance drive. Note the piece of "swimming noodle" on the rear chainstay to keep it from swaying and bumping the car.

biketrunk.jpg height:752px; width:1152px

Charles.Plager

Recumbent Quant
I've done worse with my

I've done worse with my Sofrider.

You may want to consider taking the seat off if it isn't bolted on. I'd also try tying the Silvio so it isn't free to rotate around the boom.

unc99

Yeah, it would be good to tie

Yeah, it would be good to tie the bike down as it does sway since only the boom/slider is clamped. Concocted this idea at the bike shop and didn't have any extra rope handy to tie down, but had the swimming noodle in my trunk to help absorb any bumping with the car.

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
"but had the swimming noodle in my trunk..."

And that is how the phrase "That's using your noodle" came about.

counterpoint

A bunjee cord from the rear

A bunjee cord from the rear dropouts to under the car's bumper will do the trick, either one that is just the right length or an adjustable one.

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
I put mine nose down with the

I put mine nose down with the V of the seat and rear stays between the rack arms. Then folded the front wheel up to a tie. You need a highish rack for doing that way. Didn't need to remove the rear wheel.

super slim

Zen MBB Master
I have travelled 1000 km with my Sivio 1.0 mounted sinilarly to a tow bar mounted rack, when using velco top clamps and a ocy strap to hold the bike against the insulation covered rack posts, see photo

Super Slim