Silvio 2.0 Picture Thread

Ivan

Guru
John, may ask your

John, may ask your height/weight? I think you're similar to me and I may consider bars like that. In your experience is 44cm a good width? I have a brand new 39cm drop bar on hand, but lying back on my couch and holding it over my legs, it feels too narrow for my legs. I am interested in regular drop bars (after I become skilled in Silvio with the easier wider bars) so that the brifters don't stick out so much. It would make storage and riding in tight spots easier.

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
Yes, that bike is set up for

Yes, that bike is set up for me at 176cm tall and 68kg. I don't mind having less leverage and I also like the ease of sliding through doorways and being able to lean the bike up against something, without it leaning on the brifter lever. You'll notice my bars are forward more than yours, I like to have almost straight arms.

Charles.Plager

Recumbent Quant
You'll notice my bars are

You'll notice my bars are forward more than yours, I like to have almost straight arms.

On both my Sofrider and my Cruzigami Mantis, I also like having almost straight arms. It also means that I can sit up straight when I'm climbing a hill or at an intersection and need a better view.

romelman

here is mines

silvio%20decals1.jpg height:494px

more pics here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/68337093@N03/sets/72157635326471342/

BentBierz

Hi Noahvale,
Picking up on an

Hi Noahvale,

Picking up on an older thread but was wondering how the orientation of your Q rings on your 2.0 has worked out? I have some on order and know that they have to be adjusted over time for individual riders but am looking for a starting point. I have set them up before on my Easy Racer and Barcroft and each time reading the Rotor Recumbent install guide took a lot of patience. Your experienced comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Doug Burton

Zen MBB Master
Q-ring setup

John T. developed a very systematic method for setting up elliptical chain rings in the process of creating the E-rings for the Quest.... I think it's posted around here somewhere...

Doug Burton

Zen MBB Master
Aha! Found it...

http://cruzbike.com/adjusting-elliptical-or-ovoid-chainwheels

http://cruzbike.com/qrings-silvio

BentBierz

Thanks Doug!

I had thought I had run across something before related to this but my search skills failed me?!?

Merry Christmas!

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Ready for the Trainer

Just finished my build; up to the point that it's ready for the trainer. Now if it just wasn't -10F outside.

Ivan

Guru
Silvio 2.0 in the wild!

Silvio 2.0 in the wild! Here's a rare in-motion pic that a friend took of me while he drove past on a lazy Sunday afternoon. I'm starting off from a traffic light, so my head is off the headrest cos I'm pulling away.

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Breath taking and not because it's cold

I usually don't get on the road until after the sun is already down; but sometimes the early bird gets the photo

offintothesunset1.jpg
offintothesunset2.jpg