Silvio 2.2 frameset build questions

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Email support@cruzbike.com if they still have some you'd order the 100mm one and then in the comments for the order just specify you really want the 150mm. As near as we know the 150mm was a low demand item and therefore isn't on the website for order. If Robert has some in inventory you'll be able to buy it.

gilpeel2002

Hi! I started with the Silvio 1.0 back in 2010. At that time there was no extension available. My bottom bracket was low like yours. In hind site I feel that the low bottom bracket made it easier to learn to ride. Later in 2010 Cruzbike came out with the extension. I got the 150mm one and it worked fine although the cockpit became more cramped. In 2011 they came out with the Silvio 1.5 with the curved boom that accommodated taller riders better. I added the 150mm extension to that frame and have been riding with it ever since. I did need to get a stem extension (3") to raise the handle bars and make the cockpit more spacious.

TalleyHo

There used to be both 100 and 150 offered but the 100 might be very good for you. Keep in mind that the chain stay length effects handlebar height and with drop bars a 150 mm extension puts the bars too low. It did for me. But a stearing tube extension would be a remedy for that situation if you really do want a high bb. Not sure what's up with 150 mm extender not being available. There's a lot of trial and error that goes in to getting the ideal fit. Id say try the 100.

brokemyback

Thanks for sharing the knowledge and tips. I have the 100mm extension still in the box. Once I finish learning how to ride I'll get the 100 installed and go from there. I really appreciate all the insight and background - all this great information will help keep me from having to learn "the hard way"!