Silvio Cable Routing Question

unc99

Anyone have any issues routing cables so they don't interfere with leg-room for pedaling? See pic below, I have 9 speed brifters and the initial cabling of the bike resulted in not having enough leg room to pedal (knees hit cables on the upswing). The cables in question are for the shifters. Because of the angle at which the shifting cables come out of the brifters, I'm not sure it is feasible to route them through the handlebar tape and down the slider/boom. The brake cables were easily placed through the handlebar tape and slider/boom.

cables(1).jpg

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
Hmm, its either straight road

Hmm, its either straight road bars at 46cm width, so the cables fly off horizontal, or its upgraded brifters where the gear cable runs along the handlebar beside the brake cable.

iow

you might be able to use a

you might be able to use a short 'v' brake noodle at the point where the cable enters the brifters to bring it back along the bars.

unc99

Yeah, I think I may try a

Yeah, I think I may try a flat handlebar just to get rollling. I'm using some random 9 speed components at the moment, and may end up upgrading to 10 speed sooner rather than later so the shifting cables can run through the handlebar and slider like the brake cables. Thanks for the responses.

unc99

Anyone know the clamp

Anyone know the clamp diameter for the handlebar stem on the Silvio 2.0? 31.8?

mattwall

cable routing

Hi,
I had the same problem with my cables. My LBS solved the problem by using some parts from mountain bike braking system to bend the cables away from my knees.