Silvio decal got updated

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
new%20silvio%20decals-2.JPG

ak-tux

Zen MBB Master
Black, white and red go very well!

Looks very nice John! I like the black, white and red theme. They go very well together.

It would be nice to see the whole bike with the new decals!

Jeremy S

Dude
Hm, looks like it would work

Hm, looks like it would work well on some builds (it would complement Ivan's wheels) but it's over the top for my taste. If I bought this version I would be strongly tempted to go over all the red with some black touch-up paint. Feeling lucky now that I got the vintage logo...

Ivan

Guru
Looks like we will soon get

Looks like we will soon get lots if forum activity with new builds and ride reports!

That's a HUGE change in logo design. I think Romelman would like the new frame more than me though! ;)

Eric Winn

Zen MBB Master
I like separating

I like separating CRUZBIKE from SILVIO like that as the two together looked cluttered but I'm not as keen on the block lettering, the font size, and some of the orientation (sorry Andrew).

I kind of like the CRUZBIKE logo and it aligns well with the shape of the stay but I would size it just a tad smaller.

What I dislike about the SILVIO part is it is very blocky and angles straight across the beautiful curved lines of the main tube. I would like to see how it looks with the text following the curve of the frame, font size a bit smaller and not as blocky. Not cursive script either but somewhere in between. Probably use a matching font for the CRUZBIKE logo too.

I'd also make the "2.0" a little smaller than the "SILVIO" so the model name gets the primary emphasis with the version number subordinate to the model.

Curious to see how it would look with the slashes and 2.0 in a light gray too.

-Eric

1happyreader

zen/child method
NAME recognition

I luv having the "CRUZBIKE " stand out, NAME recognition is soooo important.

The Silvio is a neat bold design, but I know what it says, will it be readable at a glance by the man on the street ?

The fact that the cruzbike company used a design from an enthusiast ( fan? user? ) is outstanding.

I think it's great!   It

I think it's great! It looks cooler and I think it's easier to read than the prior version.

Nice work, Andrew. I also think it's great that it was designed by a enthusiast/fan/user.

BentBierz

I personally love it and am

I personally love it and am now envious that my still unfinished (but will be shortly) 2.0 is no longer the newest thing on the block!
sad_smile.gif title="sad

romelman

great new logo

Nice! Yes, Ivan I like the new logo design, hope Andrew can make me some of the cruzbike seat stay logos for me to stick-on :)

Jeremy S

Dude
What Eric said, except I'm

What Eric said, except I'm not a fan of those slashes/crescents before CRUZBIKE, in any color. Yes, it's way too easy to be a critic. I do look forward to seeing this on a finished bike.

ak-tux

Zen MBB Master
Decals look best when

Decals look best when displayed in the context of a complete bike.

I believe these will really show their true colors once we see a complete build.

Ivan

Guru
So who exactly from all these

So who exactly from all these comments will actually be building up this new frameset?? It will go very well with SRAM Force or SRAM Red! :)

counterpoint

That would be me - although

That would be me - although I'm so incredibly fast you won't be able to see a thing. And I don't stop for traffic lights, either. Come to think of it, not installing any brakes will save me about a pound!

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
What does a built bike look like?

Any photos of the new decals on built bike. I have a nice line on some wheels but they are blue and white and that new decal might look just awful in combination. Seeing it at full bike scale would be more informative.

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
Mock-up of Silvio

silvio.png

Sort of like this. Most components today are black, silver, grey or a combination of the three. I think with that in mind, the splash of red is a welcome accent.

Ivan

Guru
Good one Andrew! Put some

Good one Andrew! Put some Zipp 404 wheels on it while you're at it!