Silvio Headrest assembly, December 2013

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
This note relates to Silvio 2.1, released in December 2013.

I have added a second scissor jack to locate the headrest firmly. To make it so the scissor jacks can be assembled in the factory, they both now are installed into the frame.

I put two sheaths on each leg of the headrest. One is enough, so remove one from each leg of the headrest.

Slide the remaining sheath up to the bend in the headrest.

Now wind the bolt out until it no longer projects out the other side of its barrel nut.

It is a bit fiddly, but now the headrest will insert.

Put the seat shells on, sit on the frame to check the head rest adjustment. After riding the bike for a day or two, revisit the headrest. Pull the seat shells off, loosen the top scissor jack and slide the rubber sheath down into the frame so only the top 1/4 inch is visible. Then retighten the scissor jack bolt.

Scissor jacks require only a very very light touch, since they have so much leverage.

Rposar

Second Scissor Jack?

Is it possible to purchase additional scissor jacks for my Vendetta 2.0 and Silvio 2.0?

Ivan

Guru
All this talk about headrests

All this talk about headrests initiated my checking and tweaking the position of my own 2.0 (first production run) headrest. It has not moved a mm with only one scissor jack in all these months, so you really don't need to worry about getting a second one. While I did take about 10 min to slowly figure out its operation on further install, and another 15 min to try several permutations. It is easy to adjust and requires VERY little force on the bolt as John says.

In short, 2.0 owners don't need to worry about not having a second scissor jack.